Ottawa area DMR (general)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

Even though the two systems are Sys ID 167, I see there are two site 9's. One in Ottawa and one in Montreal. I can't merge them together and have duplicate site numbers in the same system. So, they remain apart.

I concur, systems cannot be combined. This is just like OnQ and Pushplus with separate systems using same
network ID in different provinces. They are linked by IP backbone according to Access website.

Dave

DaveH

Hearing high activity on Access (not Direct Access) Con+ Ottawa site (9) and also Mt Tremblant (Que system 167, Site 12), TG 15400,
15401, and 26600, not sure what is the activity, in french.

Hearing activity on these TGs again today, off the Ottawa and Mt-Tremblant sites. So, it is not a one-day or
one weekend event.

Dave

fmoore

Hearing new conventional DMR (CC=11) on 152.4500, comes back to a Montreal company (if I may
crudely translate: Centretown Electric).

Dave
I am also hearing what sounds like construction workers on that DMR 152.4500 CC=11 TG3000 Slot -1 If that is enough to add to the DB as a single site?
I also am hearing those Tags on the Access Site 9 my french isn't good enough to catch their activity though.

fmoore

It is conventional DMR repeater, not a single-site trunked system so does not go in the trunked database.

Dave
Would that simply mean that it would go into the conventional portion of the DB? Or due to it being it being a repeater it's not the main site so it doesn't qualify as DB material?
I am citing the following two as examples of DMR and DMR conventional repeaters that are in the DB. (I know this is not linked to either)
154.25000 CFU438 RMCC 13
TG 11
SL *
LIaA FD ChapeauL'Isle-aux-Allumettes - Chapeau DMR Fire Dispatch
I chose the two based on where the repeater appears to be located.
Frank

fmoore

Here's all the active talkgroups I found this past weekend on this system, but why would they be active on 2 different systems like that? By the way here's the company's network coverage. Digital Network - Accès Communications

It sounds like 15400 and 15401 are Snow plowing operations using John Deere tractor, from what I am gathering from the limited understanding of what I am hearing due to it being all in french.

DaveH

Would that simply mean that it would go into the conventional portion of the DB? Or due to it being it being a repeater it's not the main site so it doesn't qualify as DB material?

I chose the two based on where the repeater appears to be located.
Frank

Repeater seems to located at Chelsea (Camp Fortune) according to TAFL.

It is conventional so could go in the conventional part of DB but would make sense to figure out at least one user.

Dave

fmoore

Repeater seems to located at Chelsea (Camp Fortune) according to TAFL.

It is conventional so could go in the conventional part of DB but would make sense to figure out at least one user.

Dave
Thanks for clarifying. That sounds logical.
Frank

DaveH

Seeing DMR on 410.3375 CC=12, TG 1000, all enc., may be Hull Que. "lockup" last known to be there,
but not certain.

Dave

DaveH

I've been hearing up a bit of DMR simplex on 164.640, TG 1, CC 2, french.

And I am hearing weak DMR simplex on 151.145, CC=0, TG 16776400. Seems like testing, caught a few words in french.
Also, emergency activation suggests it is fire; might be Alexandria (Ont.) or Kazabazua (Que.) although they list as analog in TAFL.

Dave

fmoore

This is something I discovered while exploring if Action RF Trunking System, Ottawa, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies was still active and what frequencies had activity on them.
I am getting a strong signal with DMR Cap+ DCC=4 on 861.7375
TG 101 is active on it.

DaveH

Some LTR frequencies are being re-assigned, system is old. Most older TGs are likely gone. Active
LTR channels have burst every 10s which gives their Home Repeater number.

861.7375 comes up as General Dynamics.

Dave

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
While you're right in stating that it comes up as General Dynamics. The TAFL listing shows that the emission is that of something else and not the regular digital that we're accustomed to.

Some LTR frequencies are being re-assigned, system is old. Most older TGs are likely gone. Active
LTR channels have burst every 10s which gives their Home Repeater number.

861.7375 comes up as General Dynamics.

Dave

DaveH

While you're right in stating that it comes up as General Dynamics the talf listing shows that the emission is that of something else and not the regular digital that we're accustomed to.

Two TX listings, one shows 7.6kHz bandwidth consistent with DMR. The other is a "Zone Enhancer",
device/system I am not familiar with, showing 29.2MHz overall bandwidth, but only 7.6kHz occupied bandwidth,
and at low power. It appears to be for providing coverage in and around buildings, looks like it can
handle multiple frequencies.

Dave

Found this:

Last edited:

DaveH

Hearing some weak to moderate-strength DMR simplex on 151.265, DCC=7. Getting some bits and pieces in french, could be from Quebec side e.g. Cantley.
Posting it here as there seems to be little interest in the Quebec forum.

Dave

DaveH

Conventional DMR on 163.500 likely from Quebec side (french) TG=1, TS=1, CC=1. Sporadic use, have
not heard enough content to figure out user, but it might be:

Dave

DaveH

Picking up DMR conventional DCC=2 on 451.850, TG 111. Multiple users licensed in the area, comms in french.

Found DMR on 463.850 which is not licensed in this area, but DCC=9 and TAFL leads me to think it could be CTM. TG 6030
so far, sounds like security, maybe construction ("site trailer").

Dave

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Just a quick search through some of the entries. Points to the only 2 actually listed as digital are Carleton University TAFL Search Results and the Canadian War Museum TAFL Search Results now that's not to say it's them, could be anyone like ya say.

Me personally I hear Magellan Aerospace/Haley Industries on that frequency in analog with a PL tone.

Picking up DMR conventional DCC=2 on 451.850, TG 111. Multiple users licensed in the area, comms
in french.

Dave

DaveH

By process of elimination: does not sound like Carleton U. Also, sat outside War Museum in the
parking lot for 15 minutes during operating hours and did not hear anything on the three listed frequencies
(control channel, rest channel, or voice activity). Museum is closed now so likely very little action anyway.

There's still analog activity on 451.850 including LTR blips.

I'll continue to throw out tidbits of info as found, for whoever wants to pursue it (or not).

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.