Ottawa Area Movie Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmoore

Hi all,
I have been doing some monitoring of the on going Movie production in Ottawa recently.

There is an active TG 539761 on the main Turris network that appears to be co-ordination comms for a movie currently filming. There was mention of 436 Kanata Ave. filming tomorrow and maybe Sunday.

For those responsible, brave souls to identify what company is using this and what they are filming, we have an address and a time.
Frank

fmoore

For general information regarding the Movie industry locally, a contact informed me that most of the time they use rentals for shoots.

fmoore

Freeform Productions on the Turris Network has been filming that in the Ottawa area, if they are filming in Arnprior this week they should be using the same tags for your area as well. I was able to confirm that with someone involved in the production and hearing details of what they were filming confirmed it for me.

fmoore

335470 Movie-Transportation/Recon Logistics I submitted to the DB as it is incorrect as a courier but we can try and ID the user here.

fmoore

5399852 Is active today as a Transportation/Logistics tag for a movie being shot near the Museum of Nature in Ottawa with Makeup/wardrobe at the Best Western around the corner.

fmoore

Due to the discovery of the Turris website I have discovered a link to some interesting movie production details in regards to "walkie" use and some general information.
A video on how Movie set users are to use walkies:

Secondly a video of an Ottawa area user in the film industry:

fmoore

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
1 DEPARTMENT ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES will be shooting an upcoming film ON THE COUNT OF THREE in Arnprior on Sunday, November 24th, 2019 between 10 am and 1 am.

Various streets (Elgin, Madawaska, John and Daniel) have been selected to complete the driving sequences. There will be no audible noise or dialogue. The convoy will consist of two OPP Officers that will act as follow and lead vehicles for the picture car, which will have an external camera rig, attached. There will be no road closures.

fmoore

I wish I knew. The conversation implied based on the chatter trying to get a hold of a fellow crew member on another channel regarding his issue with an effort to get coffee. How I know they are filming at Kingsmere is they mentioned the location in their attempt at coordinating everything.

fmoore

535978 Has been active recently with movie production on the Turris Push Plus network Turris Communications - PushPlus Network Trunking System, Multiple Locations, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies . I also heard not too long before from The Miller Farm Snow plow that there was a movie being filmed near the mill in Manotick right after the last storm. I am guessing that it is the same company.
Based on some further research online I found the following information:
The name of the Movie is MOW: A Charity Christmas it was both filmed in Manotick and has a casting call for skaters with their own skaters for tomorrow. Once I get the company name I will both post here and submit the Identified Tag to the DB.

Edit:
A Charity Christmas (MOW)
GB Productions ULC
Director: Bosede Williams
Casting: Ron Leach

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.