Unitrunker Ottawa County Ohio Harris system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium Subscriber
Hello to all, I am new to the SDR world. I have two RTL-SDR dongles. I have successfully loaded the local MARCS stand alone sites into Unitrunker with out difficulty. My question is, to enter a Harris P25 control channel into Unitrunker do you have to follow the frequency sequence like entering frequencies into a HP2? Or can you place a single frequency in the the park location? I have had no success so far. Thank you for a response.

mattwillson

Which version of Unitrunker are you using, 1 or 2.1? If you're using version one, and already installed dsdplus and a virtual cable you just need to set up the receivers. The control channel should be all you need to enter into the park setting. Beginning at 5:15 of the following video will give you an idea of the VCO setup.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Harris P25 systems can use any system freq for the control channel, so it is possible that the cch is different than what is shown in the RRDB. Once you determine the current cch, best to let the program discover all site channels (or import from RRDB,) then set the cch VFO to Chase=true. When the system rolls to another cch, Unitrunker V2 will search all site frequencies for the active cch. I don't remember if Unitrunker V1 can do this.

Premium Subscriber
Which version of Unitrunker are you using, 1 or 2.1? If you're using version one, and already installed dsdplus and a virtual cable you just need to set up the receivers. The control channel should be all you need to enter into the park setting. Beginning at 5:15 of the following video will give you an idea of the VCO setup.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.