Ottawa County Simulcast Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
I figured with the simulcast system online and active I'd start a thread for talkgroups and other information regarding the cut over. At this point it appears the original county tower in Allendale is no longer online thus the simulcast now has audio traffic from anybody connected to the system.

Last edited by a moderator:

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a patch is on with TG 13810, dispatching first responders from Holland and Jamestown twp. So maybe Fire South?

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like they are doing tests and fine tuning the simulcast cell with Allegan County's cell as they are doing some test pages on Allegan with Saugatuck fire department.

Edit:

13809 is Fire North, Allendale rescue was toned

Last edited:

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
I heard Grand Haven area police talk on 13882.

Edit: So it looks like 13882 is patched with police 2 and the 70P911 tG is patched with police 1

kantzb

Premium Subscriber
The police TAC channel is on 13861. It sounds like they have some tuning to do on their digital audio, at least as I'm hearing them on my scanner.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Working well here on FastLane and SDS-100:

Attachments

• 3-45.jpg
    3-45.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 459

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Hearing some testing and people figuring out emergency call on talkgroup 13919. I have not heard any sort of number so it might just be a private channel for a fire department or something of that type.

jchulski19

so heres another update onthe ottawa county simulcast. it's my understanding that there may be a chance that the online date is going to be pushed back due to coverage issues. they are having huge coverage issues in the Georgetown area. Which agrees with my experience so far. The county wanted to put up a tower near the fire station on 44th in jenison but the township said no. now come to find out they cant get any coverage in this area

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Well at least they are making sure the system works before they switch. Stinks though as I've been waiting years for them to switch. Anyway in regards to the coverage problems it sounds like they are testing around Jenison and Georgetown today as on that talkgroup I posted earlier ID 13919 they are testing along Baldwin st.

jack3726

Is there a list of the tower locations, seems they would have tested that aspect quite a long time ago to ensure the coverage area was adequate, seems late in the game to find that out. For a project such as this the task list must be pretty big to ensure an eventual cut over. If your a MSP car in the same location as the testing how are they able to communicate to dispatch today.

manlius

Premium Subscriber
From the RR MPSCS news update posted 9/20/18:

“Ottawa County is experiencing severe coverage issues with the new simulcast system in the Jenison area. As a result, the cutover date is expected to be pushed back yet again, until Georgetown Township Officials agrees to allow a tower to be constructed in the area. Tele-Rad did coverage testing at the Meijer location, and determined that the area is not only a dead spot, but is a first-responder safety issue. This large area of degraded reception is unacceptable, and until these coverage issues are eliminated, the cutover to the MPSCS by local agencies has been delayed for the foreseeable future.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that update yesterday. I'm not quite sure what it means by local users won't be on it in the foreseeable future. The other departments, police and fire, can switch to the system because they have the patch in place thus they could still hear each other on the 800 system and the VHF system. I'm not sure about it being a large area as I went around there the first week, it was working and I was inside Meijer and I was hearing the system just fine. Maybe the area is south or west of there I don't know.

jack3726

Maybe the county needs to talk with GT. Maybe they could utilize the current tower behind the fire barn to some extent. Spent allot of $$ without much return as of yet, interesting for sure.

jchulski19

The deadzone as it stands right now only applys to TX. we can RX just fine the problems lies within the TX system. I have a contact in tele-rad that supplied me with the infomation. It's only talk about extending the deadline at this point no set in stone. Tele-rad was the one doing the testing at meijer and the conclusion was with the APX they can only RX with them not TX

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
That makes sense, there are plenty of dead zones Where I used to live. Anyway I have heard that at least some Police Agencies are still switching over on October 15th.

lakeboatnut

The Alendale tower being down would explain why I am not hearing MSP any longer. If Ottawa County’s system is part of MPSCS as I believe it is then I should be able to monitor MSP through the new system, am I correct in assuming this?

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you should be able to hear MSP on the Simulcast system. I heard D6NORTH this morning and would hear that now if I had that talkgroup open. Clearly the switch did not take place today as I stated earlier that some departments still where going to. The date has been pushed back for EVERYONE until Georgetown signal issues are fixed, which I feel is kinda dumb as there are patches in place for a reason. However I have heard that the new radios are not installed in very many vehicles either so that's probably another reason for the delay. Whenever anyone knows a potential go live date please post.

lakeboatnut

I heard today that it will be sometime around the end of the month, this is third hand information and I don’t know how reliable it is.

lakeboatnut

Another question I have is this. Why was the Allendale tower shut down? Rather than using it as part of the new system?

Status
Not open for further replies.