Ottawa County Simulcast Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

manlius

Premium Subscriber
Latest word on Ottawa County is that the transition date is now February 4 and will be for all portable radios. Unknown if/how they cured the Jenison issue or how fast the mobile radios will be rolled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
With the recent winter weather today i've been listening. It appears some fire department radios are now digital seems to be mainly command officers from Hudsonville and Jamestown so far. There is also a new talkgroup being used but I haven't been able to tell what it is due to all the talking on the simulcast system. It is definitely a ops channel 13787.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
I can't figure out how to edit my last post so i'll post another. After the multicar crash on I-96 in Coopersville/Marne I have heard many different talkgroups that all appear to be ops talkgroups however some may be department op channels. I have yet to hear any Police or EMS units using a digital radio. They are as follows:

13787 fire ops channel heard this one in the morning in Hudsonville/Jamestown
13767 I heard mostly Allendale units on this talkgroup along with the county emergency manager EOC 1
13058 sounds like patch not quite sure what this is didn't hear it much but it sounded like it was patched form VHF
13792 station 18 potentially or station 8?
13791 station 17 ops?
13785 county ops/fireground?
13770 county ops/fireground?
13779 station 8 potentially station 18?

lakeboatnut

Thanks for the information, I heard some of these as well, I will continue monitoring to help figure these out as well as discover more talkgroups.

lakeboatnut

I heard fire North and Fire South on the old system as well as several fire ground channels on VHF. Not sure about any police channels, I am not much of a police listener.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know this was on the new system as I only have a Unication G4. The north dispatch talkgroup was a patch for the most part but some chiefs are using the new radios some. The ops talkgoups as far as I know are on the new system only.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Well after a full day I think its safe to say that the switch did not happen. There are a few more digital transmissions but not everything is changed over yet for either Police or Fire. I did start to hear an encrypted talkgroup on 13587 yesterday however that could just be another county.

manlius

Premium Subscriber
Well after a full day I think its safe to say that the switch did not happen. There are a few more digital transmissions but not everything is changed over yet for either Police or Fire. I did start to hear an encrypted talkgroup on 13587 yesterday however that could just be another county.

Apparently, they have not resolved the coverage issue in Georgetown yet. Now the “new” changeover date is March 4 (at least for OCSD, anyway). I’m keeping my ear to the ground.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Well after a long time of nothing here I'll post a little update from what i'm hearing. Hudsonville fire has been using digital for about a week or so and I have their ops talkgroup of 13786. Also today there has been digital on Police 1. Anyone know any further?

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Over the past few days I've been hearing training on the digital system. Hopefully this means they will be switching soon(haha). At this point it seems as though if their radio is broken they can use the new 800 radio's. So far Hudsonville fire and Zeeland fire I believe are on the 800. Also Holland City PD and GVSU PD are on the 800. Some county officers are also using 800 radios as well. At this point though I am not hearing car to car talkgroups for police so I'm thinking those are encrypted, with this latest Unication G4 update encryption is muted so I can't even tell if anyone is talking on an encrypted talkgroup. Radio ID's so far have started with 970....

At this point I have found a few more ops talkgroups such as
13787 appears to be Jamestown twp fire ops
13791 appears to be Spring lake fire ops
13792 appears to be Marne Twp ops
13774 appears to be Zeeland ops

I initially thought that talkgroups 13774-13795 were each fire departments own ops but some of the station numbers and the talkgroup ID at this point don't match up, especially since I've heard Allendale fire on the 13767 TG multiple times.

I also heard some training from GVPD on 13962 and I'm hearing officers talking to GVSU Allendale Dispatch on 13985

In search and rescue training tonight I have heard
13767 Allendale command/Fire OPS talking to the search teams and Zeeland drone
13796 police k9 teams to command

Anyone else have information on the Ottawa county simulcast?

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why it is referred to as "the 800" since the Ottawa Co Simulcast system on the MPSCS has 13 frequencies, 7 of them are 700Mhz.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
The digital is referred to as "the 800" quite often when listening to departments and organizations that have recently switched to or have both analog and digital radios active. Such as "Medic 2 to Life on 800", which is used to talk to the Ionia base and medic 2 is from Mason County. Also the main frequency is 800 at 853.5750MHz and the other control channels are also in the 800MHz range. It has just been called the 800 because that is where most of the frequencies ranged in the beginning of digital P25 communications.

As to an update it seems most of the police officers are using the new radios, this includes city and county officers. Still little traffic with fire departments and I have heard absolutely nothing with any ambulance service.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
An October 4th update for the Ottawa county simulcast system. There still hasn't been a complete switch over to digital. However it seems that slowly each department is switching over. In the last few days I've heard Grand Haven city Police and Fire on digital along with Grand Haven Twp fire. So full departments that have switched from what I can tell are Police: County units, Holland PD, Grand Haven City PD, Zeeland City PD, GVSU. Fire: Hudsonville, Zeeland Twp, Park Twp, Grand haven Twp, Grand Haven City, Jamestown twp, Still a few radios with other departments but not a full department switch over. Anyone have further information on Ottawa county?

I am also hearing Holland city fire on Allegan county's 03SPEV1 (3348) for a parade tonight, not sure why they are on that but that's a TG they're using for it. Also 13836 appears to be an event channel for Holland city, not sure if its police or fire or both.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
November 25th update on the System. Yesterday I heard Georgetown Township fire running radio checks on the digital system and today they have been digital with their fire calls, both on trucks and portables. Hopefully this means the tower is up and the official cut over is coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.