Ottawa County Simulcast Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitman

Premium Subscriber
So whats the deal with Ottawa county now? I'm still hearing analog transmissions for police and fire on my old scanners. It doesn't seem as powerful as before. Narrowbanding? Is there a simulcast map of the towers for Ottawa/Allegan? I have a fairly well programmed SDS200 and am trying to get a 996XT to function better on Ottawa/Allegan P25 as well but struggling. Any tips? Using freescan for 996 and sentinel for sds. Old school scanners are manual and crystal based. What are the MTAC (spelling?) TGs for this area? Anyone want to share their exact configurations? May help me out. Just trying to get my 996xt and sds200 working as best as possible for police/fire in Ottawa/Allegan counties.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Ottawa county Police and Fire are all on digital now. There is a patch for each dispatch channel however for police they have taken down most of the antennas. Fire still has full strength VHF for paging and interop with muskegon and kent counties. If you select the ottawa county site 3/45 from the radioreference database and click on the licenses you can see some tower locations. I have a 996xt and it works fairly well however does cut out often but that is because of simulcast. My G4 has no problems on the system. TGs are also listed on the radio reference. The EMS talkgroups aren't really used and sounds like they wont be for the near future.

Allegan County is also simulcast so the 996xt probably wont work well on that site unless you live close to the border. Otherwise off of the ottawa cell I can hear fire east and fire west along with police and the secondary channel. the other police talkgroups are encrypted, from Allegan that is.

This has all the talkgroups and tower sites if you haven't used it before https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=100

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Be sure to get the latest and last firmware for the 996xt 1.07.03 which helped out on simulcast.
Check what yours is currently- MENU, scroll to Settings, then See Scanner Info, Firmware Version

Keep us up to date here or in a submission as to VHF still being used as time goes on if used anymore! :) Also if anything you see needs updating with a submission! :)

rks1257

Ottawa county Police and Fire are all on digital now.

Ottawa county analog police 2 154.785 is still very active. Also some of the analog fire freqs. also. Listening to them as I am writing.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I set some of the Ottawa frequencies to deprecated status. Let me know if those that are deprecated are correct and/or there are any others. Look over the other "Municipalities and Districts " as well.
Thanks we all and fellow scanner enthusiasts will appreciate the help ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.