Ottawa EMS on Bell Fleetnet Z2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roots

Hi,

since around monday, Ottawa EMS seems to be running half on Fleetnet and half on their backup 800mhz system (Ottawa EDACS).

not sure what's going on, is there any update being made on the tower or maybe the radio, i'm not sure at all.....

regards,

bpsmicro

They're testing a new dispatch protocol. Things are changing a lot as they test various options, so the exact new setup isn't yet known. But if you don't have the 8 EMS TGs on the 800MHz system programmed into your scanner, you may want to consider doing that within the next few weeks.

And no, they won't be stopping use of the Fleetnet TGs.

Brad.

roots

Wirelessly posted (blackberry tour (9630): BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.57 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

Thanks for the info, I now they where talking a lot about the MPDS dispatch system. I already have the 8 TG programmed and always on to make sure!

It's already in use in many county and a lot of city in Quebec are already using it!

Let's see what will happen with that!

Thx again,

bpsmicro

Yes, MPDS is supposedly under consideration as well. I haven't heard specifics on when that's kicking in. I'm pretty sure that would require major software upgrades to the CAD system, which would require money from MOH, which is notoriously inept at anything related to emergency services.
Mind you, the new CACC facilities are under construction, so maybe that'll be an opportunity to tweak things.

rc1990

It's official! I leaarned that the new dispatch protocol is now fully in force. Check the Ottawa County (ON) - The RadioReference Wiki in a few days, there might be some info about the new protocol (just need to get the author's permission to post it there). We should start to see some changes in the database in the Bell FleetNet z2 page MOH Ottawa CACC section when everyone is familiar with the new channel assignment.

bpsmicro

There is absolutely *no* change to the channel allocations or names. No scanner reprogramming required, and no changes pending to the database. This is purely a dispatch protocol.

I'm working on Wiki blurbage as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.