Ottawa Fire TG's ENC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I have heard that when encryption is used, it effects the voice quality. Maybe this is why they’re reversing the decision to encrypt?
This used to be true back in the day, but not any more. I've used lots of radios using ADP/DES/AES with zero noticeable difference in quality.

DaveH

Encryption seems to have been mostly reversed, fortunately, for now; a few bits of it in there. Now that the DB has been
updated...oh well...

On that point it doesn't look right...dispatcher side of comms across all TGs I heard was clear, which is
not the same as Dispatch TG 3502 being completely clear...unless I am mistaken...if it matters...

Dave

PriorMike

The main 'Dispatch' TG seems like an all-call. Working fires are announced there, the 0700 station radio checks are done on it as well. Misc announcements and the like.

Ops are done on the respective District TG's.

Dunno if that answers your question...

PriorMike

Last evening a working fire was announced on 3502 Dispatch, for a fire in District 5.

I listened briefly and the comms on 5-1, TG 3529, seemed to be all in the clear...

I listen to Site 1 where I live.

acollinsphoto

I've been told the system was encrypted but was removed last week as they are attempting to resolve some issues with communications. Once problems are resolved they will likely encrypt again. No confirmed timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.