Ottawa International Airport Authority

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
From WH Press Briefing a few minutes ago, POTUS arrives tomorrow afternoon and will close out the visit with a dinner at the Aviation and Space Museum Friday evening. A better schedule will be available this evening in case anyone is doing AF1 spotting.
OIAA has beefed up security at the airport. Heard them the other night kicking out a person because he was sleeping on a bench. Plane spotting, I am sure, is on hold for now. I read articles about this weeks ago.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
OIAA has beefed up security at the airport. Heard them the other night kicking out a person because he was sleeping on a bench. Plane spotting, I am sure, is on hold for now. I read articles about this weeks ago.
Aren't they on a DMR system of some sort? I remember a thread some time ago where it was trying to be found and confirmed. Might be a good time to check them out.

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
Aren't they on a DMR system of some sort? I remember a thread some time ago where it was trying to be found and confirmed. Might be a good time to check them out.
They are a Cap+ system that I submitted to RR. Ottawa International Airport Authority. I found other tgid's. Just trying to label them correctly for the tg's.

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
I used to hear activity on this Capacity Plus Single Site, but nothing now.
Anyone else able to receive this system?
You will get standard airport comms and multiple talk groups showing. I have a list of unknown talk groups when I have a decent reception. I am on the edge of the reception area. I am using handheld Uniden scanners.

mmisk

Thanks!
I am 15 km east of the airport and receive ground control fine. I have a tower and separate antennas for VHF and UHF.
I'll have another look now that I have some time.