Ottawa monitoring

saltydog3317

Hi I have been away from listening to scanner radios for many years but have been thinking lately about maybe buying a new radio and getting back into listening again.
I am in the Ottawa area and want to know if its even possible to monitor Ottawa Police and OPP in my area anymore?
I know at one time we could not monitor Ottawa Police but have been told that some radios were eventually able to listen.
I used to own the base model that was the equal to the Uniden BC 250D. I think my model was a 796D possibly.
Anyhow, is it possible to monitor OPP and Ottawa Police and Smiths Falls Police? If so what would be the best scanner radio to purchase?
Thanks Kevin

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
Hi I have been away from listening to scanner radios for many years but have been thinking lately about maybe buying a new radio and getting back into listening again.
I am in the Ottawa area and want to know if its even possible to monitor Ottawa Police and OPP in my area anymore?
I know at one time we could not monitor Ottawa Police but have been told that some radios were eventually able to listen.
I used to own the base model that was the equal to the Uniden BC 250D. I think my model was a 796D possibly.
Anyhow, is it possible to monitor OPP and Ottawa Police and Smiths Falls Police? If so what would be the best scanner radio to purchase?
Thanks Kevin
I am still listening to Kilo units. Just now, I heard Russel Township. At the moment you can use trunk III Uniden scanners and up. BCD396T up to SDS100. Depends on how much money you want to spend.

VA2XDJ

Ottawa Police P25 Phase II with encryption.
OPP P25 Phase I digital. Only TAC channels are clear.
MOH P25 Phase I analog.

However, you can listen to OPP and MOH VRs on 410-414 MHz.