Ottawa Pirate Radio station 91.9 (industry canada orders shutdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhaed

The ic people said nothing about interference at all so they got to shut up and there are no frequency left in ottawa that I can use so there is no way of getting a license I was on a second adjacent channel and there are only second adjacent channels left in ottawa and there is no way of getting a license I already tried before all this stuff happened

I also got a question:

I can use 87.7 or 87.9 fm with no license and it would be fine?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
So take the hint: No available frequencies means just that.

Sorry, but telling IC to "shut up" and disobeying a Federal order is NOT going to look good.

You can use any frequency in the FM band, provided you use under (I think) 100mW. Look up the laws on license-free FM devices.

radiofan1

The 4th harmonic of 91.9 is 459.5, so considering the health of the final amp, robustness of output filtering, etc...he could be causing interference at 459.500MHz. All dependent of the carrier output power, of course, and proximity of the receiver to the transmitter.

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
The ic people said nothing about interference at all so they got to shut up and there are no frequency left in ottawa that I can use so there is no way of getting a license I was on a second adjacent channel and there are only second adjacent channels left in ottawa and there is no way of getting a license I already tried before all this stuff happened

I also got a question:

Of course you will be fine, but not at the insane amount of power you were spitting out, kid.

Since your own father described you as 'hard headed' and you don't seem to want to follow all of the good advice you've been getting, it's pointless of me to say this... but I will: stay off the air. Broadcast on the internet if you want to play radio.

You have eliminated ANY chance of you EVER getting a legitimate license by being an insolent child and ignoring lawful orders and getting your stuff confiscated, so unless you just want to broadcast to a listening area of a couple of feet around your dad's strip club, stick to the internet.

And the IC people don't need to tell you anything... I'm sure you'll find everything out in court.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
And it looks like he's already vowed in another publication to be back on the air soon:

Tuned In Canadian Radio Industry News From MilkmanUnLimited.com

Unbelievable.
Had the 2kw TX siezed and is vowing to put a 3kw one up in it's place. Unbelievable is right.:roll:

That would be like the other day I got stopped for speeding, and my response would be to say, "I'll just go faster, to heck with the cops and their rules. Rules are for everybody else."

Let us know how that works out for ya:lol:

vabiro

jayhaed

There is something that is puzzling me about this whole thing. In the news you father questions why Industry Canada is hassling you and not encouraging you as a bright your man with an interest in radio.

I think your dad is missing the point here and if he isn't going to tell you I think it is incumbent on a responsible, grown-up with some understanding of these things to set you straight.

I don't think your dad (and probably you) seems to understand the way radio spectrum is allocated and the responsibilities of the CRTC, Industry Canada, the RCMP and you as a citizen of the country of Canada.

Canada has signed international treaties on how radio spectrum is to be sliced and diced for use. The frequency ranges assigned to specific "channels" with sufficient spacing between them to avoid interference between them. IOW, no individual (licensed) broadcasters right or need to broadcast is greater than any other so each will agree not to interfere with the other.

This happens throughout society in one form or another and is called the Social Compact or Social Contract. Your right to do what you want (e.g. live) is no more or less important than another's desire (e.g. kill). This is what keeps order in society, and is what underlies all laws: someone is getting the down side of any illegal act.

Just because you or your father don't understand the down side for others of your actions does not mean that they don't exist.

On the topic of why Industry Canada is not helping you: That is not their job. I am sure that you have been told to get in touch with Radio Amateur Canada. They are the organisation that is responsible for the education of those interest in experimenting with radio. They will connect you with a group of individuals that would be absolutely thrilled to have a teen aged person interested in radio. They would mentor you and get you sorted with all the necessary licenses. But only if you're prepared to do what it takes and play by the very simple rules.

Back on the topic of your dad: I'm going to say what every responsible person that has been thinking about this business:

Your dad needs to take his head out of his ass and start setting some boundaries for you.
That is his responsibility as a parent, and he has woefully fallen down on this. If he doesn't it will not be long before someone recognises this gap and calls him on it.

You being "hard headed" is not an excuse for him abdicating his responsibilities, and supporting your bad behaviour.

If you and your father don't get this then you need to consult a moral compass or mental health professional, because this is how parents raise adults that spend their life in and out of prison while the rest of society manages to avoid this fate.

Victor

motomeso

Premium Subscriber

I also got a question:

Your right, IC and the RCMP are just out to get you because they didn't think of MIX FM first. Go ahead and set up the new transmitter at 87.7mhz, they will never think to look there.

Just don't post it all over the internet this time and they will never catch you. :)

Jammin_Jay

JAYHAED.... consider yourself LUCKY , this time you didn't recieve any litigation or end up in jail. I think your father was more worried that, then you were about going to jail.

Having a 3kw transmitter in place of the 2kw that they took... WILL certainly get you or your father in jail and receive a court summons for sure, Gauranteed.

Industry Canada was actually very leanient with you. The had the RCMP there to enforce the confiscation, and all they wanted was the radio gear, they could of done a whole lot more.

There is something wrong with you. Its like you have to be heard all over ottawa, or you can't live. Its like medicine to you. Perhaps your father should have you in some sort of physcological counselling. Be honest with yourself.

vabiro

bigcam406 said:
i have a couple questions....wheres this kid getting the dough for new transmitters and what is he trying to prove?

I think that is the biggest part of the problem: His parents are probably supporting this misadventure under the misguided notion that they are nurturing their brilliant son's interest in radio. They seem to think that he is being unfairly persecuted, and as a result reinforcing this misconception in him.

JAYHAED.... consider yourself LUCKY , this time you didn't recieve any litigation or end up in jail. I think your father was more worried that, then you were about going to jail.

Having a 3kw transmitter in place of the 2kw that they took... WILL certainly get you or your father in jail and receive a court summons for sure, Gauranteed.

Industry Canada was actually very leanient with you. The had the RCMP there to enforce the confiscation, and all they wanted was the radio gear, they could of done a whole lot more.

There is something wrong with you. Its like you have to be heard all over ottawa, or you can't live. Its like medicine to you. Perhaps your father should have you in some sort of physcological counselling. Be honest with yourself.

They need to get a dose of reality, and for some reason the RCMP raiding their home doesn't seem to be doing it. WTF is wrong with these people.:roll:

I think they will end up in jail for a few days this time. They have shown that they can't stop committing a crime and they are definitely engaging in Contempt of Court having ignored two or three orders.

One strip search and mom, dad and junior are going to be reconsidering their notion of "persecution".

Victor

KE7JFF

I was kind of hoping his interference was bad enough it was skipping across Lake Ontario or the St Laurence Seaway into the US, where this would turn into a international incident :p

colby4601

I was kind of hoping his interference was bad enough it was skipping across Lake Ontario or the St Laurence Seaway into the US, where this would turn into a international incident :p

If only we could have been that lucky.

JoeyC

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126)

"How can you come into my room...b!tch!". oh god...haha

Jammin_Jay

Ottawa gets all the excitement. Jayhaed should have his own TV show. It would be a hit. LOL. Watching the RCMP bust through the door, with him swearing and cursing at them while they take his radio transmitter. The ratings would go through the roof.

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
Ottawa gets all the excitement. Jayhaed should have his own TV show. It would be a hit. LOL. Watching the RCMP bust through the door, with him swearing and cursing at them while they take his radio transmitter. The ratings would go through the roof.

Actually, according to witnesses big bad Jayhaed broke into tears and started crying with the cops showed up. Now THAT would have been some quality entertainment!

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber

slicerwizard

Not sure about MOH but it cheeses me off every morning on the way to work when it rides over the station I am listening to for half a mile either side of your place.
Since you were directly impacted by his transmissions, you should complain in writing to IC (even at this late date, as it strengthens their case against him). If he starts up again, file another complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.