Ottawa Pirate Radio station 91.9 (industry canada orders shutdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Well doesnt look like it will ever be coming up :) dad has to spend big bucks to pay fines and probably his song buying more and more equipment...

rmoc_guy

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I went down to the "Ripper Joint" where the son was broadcasting the radio at Bank and Rideau.

As for this proposed hotel they got planned, even if it was to be built, I don't know why they would locate it in the middle of an industrial park.

Jammin_Jay

Well, All is quiet now. There has been no rebroadcasting or anything on 91.9. Since the RCMP confiscated all the radio equipment and took the antenna down off the tower. The tower remains up, with nothing on it.

I know that there is 2 new radio stations LEGAL ONES, going up in ottawa this summer. And that is all.

One question comes to mind...

How easy is it to purchase fm transmitter (a couple kw's 3000,4000 watts)???

I know its not hard to assemble together, And most of these transmitters have special circuitry that allows it to be protected against feedback from SWR's and so on. As well as heat build up.

You just hook a coax on the back and feed it into an antenna array.

I thought most places that sell this sort of equipment would require some proof from Industry Canada
that u are legal to purchase this equipment let alone run it
I am not talking about Ebay purchases either, or black market

Or is it like that Digital Scanner hype. Where u require no liscense but according to industry canada, its a grey area to understand.
But this is transmitting equipment with lots of RF power, we are talking Killowatts, not a few watts or a few hundred

Jammin_Jay

You would wonder if the RCMP would have any tracking ability for packages of such, that would suddenly end up on MIX FM's door step. I mean they already confiscated what they did. And now if Jayhaed was to order something on EBAY or get one of his buddy's to. I would figure that the RCMP could track any radio equipment through Customs or anything else coming into Canada addressed to Jayhaed. Because of his stubborn tactics so far against industry canada, and his harrassing phone calls against the government agency already.

All he would have to do is get somebody else to order the equipment for him. I am sure he has more then just himself involved in this. The RCMP were there just to follow a court order.

But you and i havent seen that court order. And we dont know what other conditions may apply to it
Jayhaed also has that court hearing coming up.

rmoc_guy

Premium Subscriber
This is semi-off topic but that proposed location now has a sign saying "Future site of the Saade International Centre" at the southwest corner of Russel/Hawthrone and Walkley. It just went up very recently as I went through that intersection the night before and then the next day I saw the sign and it was not there the night before.

But the address that jayhaed put on the site is obviously not the planned address since if it was supposed to be where the address on the site is, it would be near the railway tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.