Our "guvment" at "werk", LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5lqj

Hi All,

I'm researching the RR database for Part 90 stations within a 125 mile radius of Shreveport, LA for
local Skywarn purposes. These frequencies will ONLY be monitored during Skywarn call-ups of
severe weather.

I'm looking at Lafayette County and I see that Bradly, AR has a city repeater, WPKU736 (PD) on
154.775mcs. The 'repeater" is 6 watts and the mobiles are 25 watts. So far, so good.

It also list a Fixed location on 156.09 in Cherokee County, TX! The FX1 is 25 watts and the mobiles
on that frequency are 25 watts. Now, I'm just guessing, but unless the station in Rusk, Tx has a
45,000 foot tower, those 25 watts aren't going to make it to Bradley, LOL!

The RR database has Bradley on 151.775 and no callsign or power. So, I'm guessing that Bradley
will be a "no-go" to monitor from Shreveport.

With my 2 meter FM antenna at 40 feet and 50 watts from the Icom 706MkII-G, I don't have any
trouble working the 146.88 repeater in Nachitoches and some days can not only "hear" Alexandria,
LA, but work the 147.33 repeater down there, so hearing the vhf-high band stations won't be a
problem during severe wx.

Respectfully,

Don/KA5LQJ

btritch

Hmmmm......It's no matter anyways really, Bradley AR is in a county that's 100% digital AWIN now anyways, They don't use the analog anymore that I'm aware of, May have to check that out though next time I'm in the area...

EDIT NOTE: The only thing I'm finding in Arkansas that uses 154.775 is Chicot Co. Sheriff's Department, On The ARK/TX Border.. SE county in AR but they use AWIN anyways so it really doesn't matter as stated above..

Last edited:

KC0QNB

Hmmmm......It's no matter anyways really, Bradley AR is in a county that's 100% digital AWIN now anyways, They don't use the analog anymore that I'm aware of, May have to check that out though next time I'm in the area...

EDIT NOTE: The only thing I'm finding in Arkansas that uses 154.775 is Chicot Co. Sheriff's Department, On The ARK/TX Border.. SE county in AR but they use AWIN anyways so it really doesn't matter as stated above..
The fcc database shows the info I posted, but that doesn't that frequency is still used, except maybe as a backup

ka5lqj

Hmmmmm,

Well,

If Southwest Arkansas (Columbia, Little River, Hempstead, Lafayette, Howard, etc) are all on AWIN, (800 mc. Trunked) then there is no WAY, I'm going to hear any fire, police, or county sheriff units reporting into their bases, bad wx, downed powerlines, trees, rail or 18-wheeler accidents. :-(

I'll keep looking them up, though, and programming my R$ 2045 and 2053 to pick up the low & hi-band VHF stuff, just-in-case. I'm also pulling up OK, LA, TX, & MS as well.

SHOULD you happen to snag a County or city in SW AR, I'd appreciate knowing. I'm not that hard to find, LOL! KA5.LQJ@gmail.com If I hear anything, I'll let Y'alll know.

Respectfully submitted,

Don, KA5LQJ
EM-32

Status
Not open for further replies.