Our Second Winter Storm Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Looking to become a little dangerous. Here in the CSRA (Central Savannah River Area) conditions are deteriorating due to boatloads of sleet accumulating upon an already frozen base.

No freezing rain at this time, the limbs and roof has a 1/8 to 1/4 inch coating I believe from earlier when the temps were a tad warmer.

SCE&G crews reporting worsening conditions that their two wheel drive trucks are starting to struggle on paved roads, the all wheel drives are not having much trouble.

Most of the trees down seem to be from wet ground and a cutting wind gust every now and then. Several other reports north of us has ice on limbs knocking power out. Also south of us in Aiken. We must be in the middle of it.

HP reported one lane open, barely, North and South on I-20. Another report was 1 inch of ice on Whiskey Road in Aiken (SC 19).

Be safe out there if you have to be out there!

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Up here in Travelers Rest it started coming down hard at about 1PM and is still snowing heavy as of 2:15. All snow so far thank god.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Just got my power restored (Thanks SCE&G!) While looking West this morning about 1:40 am, the whole sky lit up and several seconds later the house shook with a big BOOM. I think a sub-station went up and our power went out.

Stay off the road unless it is an absolute emergency!

On top of all the ice, we have got 2 inches of snow. Supposedly, the bad weather is to leave later this afternoon.

Everyone experiencing this please be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.