Out of all the FAQ pages, which do you think are essential for a new person to read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JokeInsurance

It would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

And I do apologize if something like this has been posted before. If so, please close the thread.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I don't know where NOVA is, or what type of radio system(s) being used there, so I can't give you specifics. However, most people on here are able to scan conventional channels with few or no problems. But when they want to monitor a trunked radio system, it is a huge hurdle. So I'd want to start reading up on Motorola, EDACS & LTR type trunked radio systems and understand the difference. There are other systems as well, but those are the only 3 presently supported by scanners.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I don't know where NOVA is, or what type of radio system(s) being used there, so I can't give you specifics. However, most people on here are able to scan conventional channels with few or no problems. But when they want to monitor a trunked radio system, it is a huge hurdle. So I'd want to start reading up on Motorola, EDACS & LTR type trunked radio systems and understand the difference. There are other systems as well, but those are the only 3 presently supported by scanners.

Nova might be Nova Scotia Canada.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The one's that apply to that new persons unique situation.

+1

If that person is completely new, reading the trunking FAQ (and specifically UPMan's excellent article) would be the place to start. Then moving onto other topics, understanding the differences between Motorola, EDACS and LTR systems by reading the basics in our glossary. Next would be determined by what kind of scanner they have - remember we have FAQs (some more developed than others) for DMA, Object Oriented and the PC driven scanners.

But as TES correctly points out, each person's needs are unique, and there is no one size fits all

best regards...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.