SDRTrunk Out of the blue issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTmed519

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon!

I've been using SDR-Trunk for over a year and a half, scanning the same few systems. A few months back, I changed over to a newer version of SDR-Trunk (I'm on 0.5 b2). On the 8th, one of the systems simply stopped showing transmissions. The control channel is still solid, the system still shows affiliations (and all other messages), but no actual voice transmissions. This only happens on one site, another site (on the same system) is fine.

I've tried going through all aliases (making sure they're set to listen), re-importing from RR, and restarting the program. I input the same site info into my 996P2, and it scans like normal. Does anyone have any ideas? Not sure what else to try...

In case anyone's curious, listening to Starcom21 (Illinois), on non-simulcast sites.

MrAmericanada

Premium Subscriber
If your computer was using 100% cpu it will freeze or appear to freeze and come back...
It may be windows defender running a system scan or windows updates as those just released as well.
FYI...every second Tuesday of every month Windows release the monthly security updates and patches.

a417

Not sure the computer is freezing on only one site, and the OP posted this on the 8th...which was friday this month, so that might not be the issue.

@RTmed519 do you have another software suite on the computer to try? You've already proved that the system was working with your 996p2, so lets see if it's a 'your computer issue' (which i don't think it was) and a 'SDR-Trunk' bug (which I'm leaning towards).

RTmed519

Premium Subscriber
If your computer was using 100% cpu it will freeze or appear to freeze and come back...
Should clarify, my computer wasn't freezing. SDR Trunk was functioning, the control channel was found (and continued to run "event logs", however no traffic was coming through for about 2 days. The same frequency/system was being scanned on my 996P2, which had active radio traffic.

What's weird is that nothing was touched. One day it was working great, the next day nothing, then it went back to working 2 days later. But it was only the one system, all other systems continued to work, and again, the 996P2 continued to work on all systems.

@RTmed519 do you have another software suite on the computer to try? You've already proved that the system was working with your 996p2, so lets see if it's a 'your computer issue' (which i don't think it was) and a 'SDR-Trunk' bug (which I'm leaning towards).
Thanks for responding back, I wish I could replicate the issue to figure out why it was happening. Seems like it'll remain a mystery for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.