Outagamie County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Thunderbolt - According to the RR database, their entire system is CSQ only. (Carrier Squelch - no CTCSS tone or DPL). I verified that some time ago during their morning radio system test by monitoring their frequency on my service monitor connected to an outdoor antenna.

That's interesting, because there are approximately 9 other agencies on that frequency within reception range of Outagamie County. That must be a real 'joy' in their dispatch center on days when the band opens up a bit... LOL.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Thunderbolt - According to the RR database, their entire system is CSQ only. (Carrier Squelch - no CTCSS tone or DPL). I verified that some time ago during their morning radio system test by monitoring their frequency on my service monitor connected to an outdoor antenna.

That's interesting, because there are approximately 9 other agencies on that frequency within reception range of Outagamie County. That must be a real 'joy' in their dispatch center on days when the band opens up a bit... LOL.

I was thinking the same thing myself. When the band is open, the County 9-1-1 Dispatchers must go crazy over all of the radio traffic. In fact, I have actually heard Outagamie County on 154.250 MHz, here in my county, when I have the PL turned off on my scanner. So I am sure they hear numerous other fire departments without a PL tone on their radios.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe the dispatch centers hear any of this as they have some sort of UHF linking system between thier towers and the dispatch center thus only traffic on the local towers is heard. The Outagamie towers have 5 different mobile input PL's and each has a UHF link to the consoles.

KB9NLL

New London (Outagamie Co. WI) & Readfield (waupa
I don't believe the dispatch centers hear any of this as they have some sort of UHF linking system between thier towers and the dispatch center thus only traffic on the local towers is heard. The Outagamie towers have 5 different mobile input PL's and each has a UHF link to the consoles.

Actually they had a UHF band (450-460mhz) linking system between thier towers and the dispatch center now it is all microwave I believe. And there are actually 6 different mobile input PL's for the input frequency of the repeater. 6 repeaters and 6 inputs might help with location determination also.

FD-1"Brown"DISP:
154.250/159.405 107.2pl on input GRAND CHUTE S.C. TOWER
154.250/159.405 025dpl on input BINGHAMTON CENTRAL TOWER
154.250/159.405 051dpl on input HORTONVILLE S.W. TOWER
154.250/159.405 031dpl on input KAUKAUNA S.E. TOWER
154.250/159.405 065dpl on input BEAR CREEK N.W. TOWER
154.250/159.405 043dpl on input SEYMOUR N.E. TOWER

154.250/153.890 OUT-FD "Brown" DISP (Airport)? never heard anything on that input frequency

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.