Outagamie/Winnebago County Unit IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

djeplett

So I've been working on figuring out all the radio IDs for the Outagamie/Winnebago system for the past couple months. I saw a few were posted back in 2012~2014 in this thread: Winnebago County 800MHZ TRS TGIDS.

If anything has a question mark after it I am unsure of that ID.

I have no idea what radio is being used on quite a few of the IDs, so I simply labeled them in Sentinel as "'Agency Name' Unit". My guess is some are portables but some may be vehicle repeaters, etc. If anyone can add to this list or correct anything I gladly accept the help. Any of the ID ranges under "Other" are ones I'm unsure of, but the agency should be correct.

A list of the on-air tactical unit numbers are found in the wiki here or on the Wisconsin Scanning Webpage. That list was invaluable as a starting point, so thanks to whomever made that original list.

I am missing a ton of Winnebago agencies as I monitor mostly just Outagamie agencies. If anyone has some to add there as well, that would be awesome.

I also have this list as an Excel spreadsheet. I found it way easier to create the IDs and label them in Open Office and then copy and paste directly into my Sentinel favorites list.

Attachments

• Unit IDs.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 57

wirr

Database Admin
Thanks for the list. Any ideas on user or use for TG 45281 with radio IDs 4525503 thru 4525510?

djeplett

I have that as Seymour DPW, but I don't know the radio IDs. If you heard them on that talkgroup I would guess they are Seymour DPW units.

I identified that talkgroup this last early winter by listening to the street names they were using as they were plowing the streets. So if those units were on that talkgroup then that's what they'd have to be. I must have forgotten to submit that to the database, so if you could take care of that for me that would be cool.

djeplett

Thanks, Marcus. This is awesome as I can now fill in a lot of the Winnebago RID's. I took a quick comparison of what I had so far and compared it with your much more thorough list and found a near 100% match so that's cool.

djeplett

@MarcusDude and anyone else following this thread... I just caught Winnebago's test pages and I was able to catch two of the unknown fire department unit IDs on Marcus's list:
Utica FD is agency number 26 as the ID that came up was 7126XXX
Vinland FD is agency number 27 as the ID that came up was 7127XXX

So I show that we are only missing Boom Bay FD now.

wirr

Database Admin
Boom Bay FD is 28 (?).
Who is 31? Possibly a small police dept...

djeplett

I put all the 7131XXX's in my ID list with an alert and blinking LED so it gets my attention. Hopefully, I catch something.

djeplett

Finally getting back to the user ID detective work after a bit of an hiatus...
The 31's are using the prefix "Lincoln". An intersection dispatched to a unit was Clayton Avenue & Larsen Road. That's west of Neenah. Is that town of Neenah?

wirr

Database Admin
Clayton Ave & Larsen Rd appears to be on the Town of Neenah and Town of Clayton line. The Town of Neenah does not have a police dept but the Town of Clayton website lists a female police officer.

djeplett

The unit was female so that must be her. So that is Town of Clayton PD. Dispatched by Winnebago County. One more mystery solved.

I ended up with such a large listing of UnitIDs that I had to find a way to compress it down as it hit the roughly 1000kb limit. So I cut a lot of the ranges down to 50 IDs as opposed to entering all 0 through 99. For example, Seymour Fire portables I had as 4502500 through 4502599. Now I cut that down to just 4502500 through 4502550. Doing that for many of the smaller municipalities got the favorites list down to only 689kb. I am finding that quite a few municipalities have assigned high numbers in the 0 through 99 range, so I've changed some ranges to 51 through 99 as a result. I'm now recording everything for a few hours every day and reviewing the recordings for unassigned IDs. It's going pretty well.

MarcusDude

Premium Subscriber
Did Neenah PD get new portables? I see now that the fifth digit of the radio ID is a 1 instead of 0, and the last 3 numbers of the radio ID tend to match the officers badge numbers better. Most of the officers are still using the old radio IDs, but a few I noticed:

N113 7181113
N125 7181125 (was 7181023)
N127 7181127 (was 7181025)

djeplett

Yes I think those are new portables for them. I also caught a new Outagamie CSO portable as 4510212. They are using blocks of numbers here and there on the system at times for portables. I suppose it's easier to use new blocks rather than reassign old blocks when they bring in new batches of radios. I never bother trying to match unit numbers to IDs as they don't follow much with the exception of some fire apparatus radios.

MarcusDude

Premium Subscriber
Also, is someone else doing security at the Appleton Airport (ATW) now? It used to be the Outagamie Sheriff's Office, using numbers in the 200's and OUSO portables 45002XX's on OUSO1. Now they use 500 numbers (I caught 540 and 543) and use the airports radios 45051XX's.

djeplett

Also, is someone else doing security at the Appleton Airport (ATW) now? It used to be the Outagamie Sheriff's Office, using numbers in the 200's and OUSO portables 45002XX's on OUSO1. Now they use 500 numbers (I caught 540 and 543) and use the airports radios 45051XX's.
Are you catching these on TG 45115? I'll pay closer attention.

djeplett

I caught "545" using an airport radio today calling he was 10-41 and "542" was 10-42 on TG45001 "Law 1". Must be using the units 540-54X now.

Status
Not open for further replies.