Outdoor Antenna for my scanner TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiman5060

I am thinking for putting a outdoor antenna but I don't want a large bulky antenna my area gets great reception i listen to both analog and digital with simulcast the lowest band is NJDOT and Turnpike & GSP Maintenance all others are the upper higher frequencies I have a weather station on a large pole so I just have to attach another pole to be above the weather station need some recommendations with links
thank you

kc2kth

Another vote for a discone. Personally I've used the D130J for around 20 years. Prior to that going back to around 1990, I had the old RS discone without the vertical element.

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
Quick question, if you mount a discone in the attic how does that effect performance.

if you mount a discone in the attic how does that effect performance.
Anything you place between the antenna and the transmitter is going to decrease the signal strength.

How much depends upon the building materials and other obstructions in the way.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
What's the point of spending $$$ only to mount an antenna in the attic... :confused:

It'd be like buying a BMW M5 and keeping it in the garage and never driving it.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
There's a really nice TRAM discone multi-band scanner antenna on Amazon for about $80, it works really nice.

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
Yes we have a new HOA president who is causing mass havoc over all kinds of things. ie: I cant park my 18 foot long truck in my driveway BUT I can park my 26 foot utility trailer in the drive..

Status
Not open for further replies.