Outdoor Antenna used indoors Opinion-knowledge pelase

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLM7424

I live in a Brick Duplex apartment for now , listening to 800Mhz near Denver,Co
I,m using a Stridsberg Engineering MCA204M Vhf/Uhf Receiver Multi-coupler high up
on a Exterior(On the Inside ) wall with a R/S 800mhz Rubber antenna it picks up Denver Edacs ,but weak.

Do you think this Antenna (Indoors-inside) on the same wall would make a Difference ?

FG8246 - Antenex Fiberglass Base Station Antenna (824-896MHz, 6dBd)

prcguy

If you use an outdoor antenna indoors you will attract birds inside your house....

Otherwise the antenna in your link should be noticeably better than a rubber duckie.
prcguy

I,m using a Stridsberg Engineering MCA204M Vhf/Uhf Receiver Multi-coupler high up
on a Exterior(On the Inside ) wall with a R/S 800mhz Rubber antenna it picks up Denver Edacs ,but weak.

Do you think this Antenna (Indoors-inside) on the same wall would make a Difference ?

First off how are you listening to the 800MHz system with a VHF/UHF receiver. And yes that would work good. HTH.

majoco

Stirrer
Why the multicoupler? Try it without and see if the reception is any better - if the signal is already low, the coupler may just be giving more noise than gain. Try the duckie in a window, or a small UHF beam pointing to Denver. The FG8246 has an "all-round" reception pattern where a beam concentrates the reception angle. One antenna per radio is usually a better setup.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
You'd be much better off... And spend a lot less money... By using a directional TV antenna pointed toward Denver. Yes, I wrote TV antenna. They cover the 700-800 mHz bands quite nicely. That's where the TV channels were / are. If the signal in the window or on a wall facing Denver is strong enough you may be able to use an "HD Blade" flat antenna. That will work better than a duckie antenna... And likely better than the $220 omni you are considering.

JLM7424

You'd be much better off... And spend a lot less money... By using a directional TV antenna pointed toward Denver. Yes, I wrote TV antenna. They cover the 700-800 mHz bands quite nicely. That's where the TV channels were / are. If the signal in the window or on a wall facing Denver is strong enough you may be able to use an "HD Blade" flat antenna. That will work better than a duckie antenna... And likely better than the $220 omni you are considering.

placing anything outside is not option .

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Never said to put it outside. If you are getting weak but scratchy on a rubber duck, indoor TV antenna will work fine. But based on the monster Yagi you have in the pic...well... fuggedaboutit. Game over. Don't poke your eye out.

Status
Not open for further replies.