• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Output Kenwood 8180 to csv or other format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommahawk

I have both the kpg89D and kpg49D software and would like export the KPG89D frequencies (conventional) to the KPG49D, however in order to do this I have to export the data. Anyone know how I go about doing this?

cabletech

There is no way that I have seen to be able to export or transfer data between differant versions of software.

Not even cut and paste.

Just open both up and then fill in the blanks

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
KPG-89D has the ability to import/export and is under the "file" pulldown. However import/export is not supported on KPG-49D, it's just too old. So it still looks like a hunt and peck session.

Colton25

I've already been reading the help file to do this but i still can't figure it out... maybe i'm just an idiot? hah All i need to do is move some zones from my 2180 to my 7180. I've tried everything to my knowledge.... saving source flies and data files, just trying anything and no luck. I really don't want to hand copy over everything because i've done that in the past knowing the 89d software is capable of this i just never had the patience or time to look more into this.. Can you explain this to me in dummy language?

KPG-89D has the ability to import/export and is under the "file" pulldown. However import/export is not supported on KPG-49D, it's just too old. So it still looks like a hunt and peck session.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
For that what you want to use is called Zone Merge. I will be the first to admit that it is one weird function but very handy once you get the hang of it. First you need to get comfortable moving zones around in the same radio model.

1) Open an existing codeplug to play with. Bring up the Zone Merge window. You'll see all your zones on the left under the Data File list.
2) Press the Change button until the center column says "Data Zone->".
3) Now pick a few zones and put the number from the Data File list into the center column.
4) Press the Copy button and they will all appear in the right Source File list.
5) Now press the Change button so the center column says "<-Source Zone".
6) Pick some unused zone numbers from the Data File list. Fill out the center column with the numbers from the Source File list into the slots corresponding to the unused zones you want them copied to in the radio.
7) Now press copy and the new zones will be created with the copies you made in the Source File.

You can overwrite zones, make multiple copies, and move zones around in your radio this way. When you're done playing around be sure NOT to save or you may wreck a perfectly good codeplug. Once you have an understanding how that works, here's how you move zones from one model to another:

1) Open the codeplug for the 2180 and bring up the Zone Merge window.
2) Copy the zones you want to use over to the Source File list.
3) Now click Save As and select "Source File" to save a .sdt file.
4) You're done with the 2180 so now open up the 7180 codeplug and also open the .sdt file. Go to the Zone Merge window and you'll see the zones from the 2180 in the Source File list.
5) Now all you need to do is copy from the Source file to the Data File list and the new zones will be added to the radio.

Hope that all makes sense. Best of luck.

Colton25

It all makes sense up until you say open up the 7180 codeplug and also open the source file. I open the zone merge and i can see the zone i want on the source side but when i got to hit copy it says beat shift configuration will be recalculated and when i hit ok nothing happens.

For that what you want to use is called Zone Merge. I will be the first to admit that it is one weird function but very handy once you get the hang of it. First you need to get comfortable moving zones around in the same radio model.

1) Open an existing codeplug to play with. Bring up the Zone Merge window. You'll see all your zones on the left under the Data File list.
3) Now pick a few zones and put the number from the Data File list into the center column.
4) Press the Copy button and they will all appear in the right Source File list.
6) Pick some unused zone numbers from the Data File list. Fill out the center column with the numbers from the Source File list into the slots corresponding to the unused zones you want them copied to in the radio.
7) Now press copy and the new zones will be created with the copies you made in the Source File.

You can overwrite zones, make multiple copies, and move zones around in your radio this way. When you're done playing around be sure NOT to save or you may wreck a perfectly good codeplug. Once you have an understanding how that works, here's how you move zones from one model to another:

4) You're done with the 2180 so now open up the 7180 codeplug and also open the .sdt file. Go to the Zone Merge window and you'll see the zones from the 2180 in the Source File list.
5) Now all you need to do is copy from the Source file to the Data File list and the new zones will be added to the radio.

Colton25

Disregard my last, with some additional tweaking i figured it out, once again thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.