Over the shoulder carrying case

Status
Not open for further replies.

xonxexoox

I am looking on getting a carrying case for my BCD396XT and I am not to fond on case that are worn on the belt and was looking for an over the shoulder case that would fit it and I came across this NYLON FDNY MOTOROLA RADIO CASE HOLDER W/ SHOULDER STRAP . What's your opinion on this type of case other than you would have to remove the radio to access the keypad? I would find it to be out of the way of clothing and easy access.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Nylon fdny motorola radio case holder w/ shoulder strap

I think it looks pretty neat and should be rugged and durable as all get out. Let us hear a review when/if you get it.

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
The problem with cases like that is the case can inadvertently bump the power button on the BCD-396T. You go to use your BCD-396T and the battery is dead.

Last edited:

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Diy?

It looks like a good unit, but I'm shocked by the price. I'm in need for something similar, but was thinking of making one out of one of the pouches you can buy to hold rifle magazines. The 396 looks to be about the same size as a 20rd AR-15 magazine. I have a bunch of unused shoulder straps left over from camera, gym and duffle bags which I can probably make work. Will probably have to have my local tailor sew some attachment points for the straps.
Of course, when all is said and done - my homebuilt unit will probably end up costing MORE than if I bought it off the shelf!

ampulman

Can't really see too much detail from the pic, but I picked up something similar at a Totes outlet for $10. It was padded and had a slot (actually a pocket) where I keep my 'cheat sheets'.

The bag is the perfect size for a 396T. The belt clip lies along the bottom; the radio and antenna (dismounted) fit snugly into the bag, on top of the clip.

I picked up a pouch with 2 compartments at WalMart and sewed it onto the bag. I keep a couple sets of batteries and ear buds in the pouch.

BTW, as posted earlier, since the power button is slightly recessed, it's pretty hard to accidentally turn the radio on. Also, you need to 'lean' on it for a few seconds.

JMO

Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.