Overland Park Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpetboy50

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I have been attempting to monitor the Overland Park Fire Department over the last few days, however have not heard anything broadcast over the scanner. I am holding on the OP Fire Disp talkgroup with my Uniden BCD996XT scanner. I got the frequencies for the entire Overland Park Public Safety off of the RR Database. I really would like to start hearing some fire calls. If anyone can assist I would greatly appreciate it.

byndhlptom

Opfd

Overland park is dispatched by the county (Johnson) on their conventional VHF system. Their unit numbers are the 4xx series. The last number will signify the station, ie, Engine 21 is the pumper out of Station 1

JoCo dispatch has a web site, I beleive that it lists some of the county ID's (it's been a long time since I was there)

happy scanning

tom

trumpetboy50

Premium Subscriber
Alright, thanks for that info. I'll program in the JoCo fire frequencies and listen to that for a day or so to see if it works. I'm just curious if they dispatch off the JoCo system why they have two talkgroups on the OP system. :)

byndhlptom

Opfd

The OP trunking system has many assigned talk groups that are not currently active. I suspect that some were assigned "just in case" and will never see real use. This is something that I've seen for almost every trunking system I've monitored (you should see all the talkgroups KCMO has....).

The county is in the process of setting up a 700 Mhz trunking system that the FD dispatch is scheduled to go to eventually. This will probably happen in 2010.......

tom

trumpetboy50

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I've seen the KCMO system, and they've got a ton of talkgroups. I just put in the JoCo fire freq's, and heard the OP fire department get called. Thanks for all your help and I look forward to listening to fire now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.