Owasso and Sapulpa control channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron92

Owasso, Sapulpa, Coweta control channels

I can recieve Owasso, Sapulpa, and Coweta on Tulsa's control channels but I can't get them if I use the control channels listed for their cities. ?????

Last edited:

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
What's your location to them? How is your radio set-up on the single site systems? Lots of variables come into play here.....

aaron92

Tulsa, 61st and Memorial
these are the control channels in my pro 92

860.93750 MOT 0.0
859.93750 MOT 0.0
858.93750 MOT 0.0
857.93750 MOT 0.0

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Are you seeing any type of singal strength indication on these systems? if you stop on each freq. is their the control channel noise? Not too familar with the Pro-92, but I know that RS scanners have some quirks in programing.

aaron92

No problems or "programming quirks" with my pro 92. A friend of mine has a pro 97 and he says his picks them up on Tulsa's and not their own control channels so he just saves space by not wasting banks with those cities control channels.

aaron92

Anybody know why I can pick them up on Tulsa's channels? I just have the PD and Fd dispatch channels and not the restof theirs or the public works id's.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Because they are part of the Tulsa System is why you can pick them up as well as Coweta if you needed to. Sapulpa has always been on the Tulsa System and Owasso just got there with their new rebanding freq's. Coweta came online sometime this year, and Troop L (Vinta) did last year.

aaron92

That is understood. They still have their own control channels and about 1 week ago I went to Owasso and I picked up Owasso PD on Tulsa's. I had went ahead and put Owasso's controls channels and ID's on a seperate bank.
OWASSO 851.43750 MOT 0.0
OWASSO 851.96250 MOT 0.0
OWASSO 852.88750 MOT 0.0
OWASSO 853.38750 MOT 0.0
OWASSO 853.88750 MOT 0.0

OWASSO-PD 28688
OWASSO-FIRE 41488

Switched back and forth and just picked it up on Tulsa's.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like it may be program related, The 853.8875 is the only control channel for Owasso if your scanning CC only. I had an issue when I first entered the Owasso freq's but cleared it up. As I said I'm not familiar with the RS radio and don't know if you have a signal indicator or not but if you were hearing it on the Tulsa side and not Owasso's own site you have to look at the programing.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I am currently on Owasso's system with 4 out of 5 bars signal strength and hearing the PD fine. 33rd W ave and 61st south. Using an outdoor antenna though. Again check your programming.

OkieBoy

It is due to they are all on the same "Net" per se. Those control channels are mainly for those outside the Tulsa Site. I have a RS Pro-97 and I have all of them programed in a single bank and no matter what I do Coweta and Owasso come through on the Tulsa Net. Hope this helps.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
It is due to they are all on the same "Net" per se. Those control channels are mainly for those outside the Tulsa Site. I have a RS Pro-97 and I have all of them programed in a single bank and no matter what I do Coweta and Owasso come through on the Tulsa Net. Hope this helps.

Multi-Systems in a single bank leads to the radio staying on the most active system 99% of the time. Since the Tulsa system is part of the Statewide system and is most active you will hardly ever get anything from the Owasso System or Coweta System unless you are out of range of the Tulsa system. Owasso and Coweta are not extremely active systems and the radio may scan them for a brief moment but when there is no transmissions it moves on to the Tulsa system. Even if you only have a slight number of ID's programmed from the Tulsa System the radio still sees the activity of the non-programmed ID's and thus stays on the system. If you lock in on a single ID in the Tulsa system and turn up the volume you will hear the radio still scanning the system in the background, (I had a Pro-2067 that did this) and you will also see that the radio misses the start of some transmissions on the ID you are holding on because of this. The 2067 was my last RS scanner because it did this. Try to separate the Owasso and Coweta systems from the rest and see what happens, you have to be ale to monitor only that system to tell if it is giving you a problem, be it programming or out of range of the system. As I sit hear and listen to Owasso, I know that when I am traveling to the Port Of Catoosa on 167 even with an antenna on the car I cannot get the Owasso system or if I do it is just one or two bars of strength, not until I turn west on 41st North and travel about a mile do I Start to get better coverage.

UTLNOK

Premium Subscriber

Diddo.

Status
Not open for further replies.