Owen Sound region OPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve5wil

Feed Provider
hi
forgive me if this was asked before, if so kindly refer me to the proper thread.

I have a friend who is going to be spending a month in Owen Sound at his daughters place and is interested in listening to the OPP. (Yes he knows mobile use of scanner is not allowed).

I would like to know what system/region the OPP for Owen Sound is on so I can program his scanner..

thanks

Wil
ve5wil

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
He'll probably need the Grey County and Bruce County talkgroups.

They're all part of the Southwest Region and dispatched by London.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

I haven't been up there in years but we had a cottage on the Peninsula.

Both Bruce Co talkgroups and th Grey talkgroup are patched. Up there in the winter there won't be many comms on the Bruce Pen 6 Romeo detachment.

Owen Sounds tower has good coverage and Durham really has amazing coverage to the south.

As well, maybe Kimberly, Glannis and Wiarton can be monitored if he has a good antenna.

London CACC also dispatches the Grey and Bruce county EMS responders with patches to area hospitals.

Also, MTO enforcement and Road patrols, the latter should be busy with snow squalls a fact of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.