Owensboro Ky Control Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaclements

Been receiving Owensboro P25 in Morganfield. For some reason that I control channel has change to 852.31250 not 853.8375, On the 582.3125 control channel I'm receiving STARCOM21 Statewide Illinois and sometime I hear Owensboro sometime.When receiving the display show the talk group ID for ISP District 13 and 19. And when I hold this is display SID:0140h-0337 what is this.Need some clarification.Con

KD4YGG

Database Admin
The SID:0140h-0337 is System ID 0140 (Starcom 21) and Site 03-37 (Cave In Rock).

Looks like you're in a spot for "overlap" of these two systems being in Morganfield.

Based on my monitoring and background of that area, I'm inclined to believe you're more likely to receive the Starcom21 system than Owensboro's system - just due to distance. The Owensboro system is quite a long-haul away from Morganfield in terms of radio reception, including terrain.

I'm also guessing you have all of Owensboro's frequencies programmed in your scanner - you only need to program the Control Channel frequencies in order to properly receive the system (the red/blue ones with an "a" or "c" beside them). See below and remove the non-control channel frequencies.

By having all of the frequencies programmed in, your scanner is locking onto the strongest control channel signal and that is why you are receiving Starcom21 instead.

Program in only these if you want to hear Owensboro:
853.8375c
852.6250a
853.0875a
853.5750a

If you are wanting to hear Starcom21 off the Cave-In-Rock tower, program in these:
852.3125c
852.8375a

This should eliminate the situation.

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
You must have good antenna and location in order to get Owensboro's signal all the way over here in Morganfield. Oh well Enjoy listening to the extended range since there's not much to listen to here in Union county.

gaclements

I listen to Madisonville, Evansville, Illinois State, Indiana State, Caldwell Co and Crittenden Co.with BCD996XT. BCT15X for the others. Receive the control channel for Owensboro but weak. Have redo the antennas.

Status
Not open for further replies.