Owensboro Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

pddispatcher

How good is their system listening to scanner wise.

I am about 65 road miles from Owensboro with a scantenna at 55 feet with RG-6 Quad Shield.

Possible to hear them?

Does anyone have the win96 file for Owensboro as well?

Last edited:

KC8RFE

well i can tell you there is only one way to find out if you can listen too them or not. That way is to try. Otherwise you'll never really know.

pddispatcher

Duh,

But I need help on what to actually put into the scanner to listen to a system like Owensboro.

spooney

How good is their system listening to scanner wise.

I am about 65 road miles from Owensboro with a scantenna at 55 feet with RG-6 Quad Shield.

Possible to hear them?

Does anyone have the win96 file for Owensboro as well?

I'm only about 20 air miles with a PAR MON 3 antenna 60 ft up and a Stridsberg active multi-coupler and I still can't monitor them. Only when conditions are good and still I get a weak signal.

pddispatcher

I'm only about 20 air miles with a PAR MON 3 antenna 60 ft up and a Stridsberg active multi-coupler and I still can't monitor them. Only when conditions are good and still I get a weak signal.

Wow... That sucks... Sucks Badly.

Surprised their signal even gets thru the city at all then :-(

mastr

Unfortunately, you are far outside of the designed coverage area for the Owensboro system. The fact that you can't hear it doesn't indicate a deficency or problem with the system. It works quite well within the designed area.

Status
Not open for further replies.