Oxford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Oxford FD & EMS have changed the output DPLs to PLs for those who listen with PL/DPL enabled

Oxford FD is the same frequency with a PL of 186.2
Oxford EMS is the same frequency with a PL of 162.2

WoodburyMan

Interesting they went from DPL to PL's, usually it's the opposite. I haven't noticed but I haven't picked up anything in a while, and that'd be why. Thanks!

Do you know if Fire 2 or Public Works has changed from DPL to PL's as well?

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the mutual aid portables need to be reprogrammed...again! :cool: :D:LOL:

Reconrider

Interesting they went from DPL to PL's, usually it's the opposite. I haven't noticed but I haven't picked up anything in a while, and that'd be why. Thanks!

Do you know if Fire 2 or Public Works has changed from DPL to PL's as well?
New to scanning. Why do you normal go from pl to dpl? Also what’s the difference

APX7500X2

If i had to guess I would say they went from single site to simulcast, If you simulcast with dpl it gives a chop chop chop sound but if you do PL or DPL in PL out it wont do that

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
If i had to guess I would say they went from single site to simulcast, If you simulcast with dpl it gives a chop chop chop sound but if you do PL or DPL in PL out it wont do that
Correct. They are on a simulcast system now, with the 3rd party equipment used to make that happen, a DPL was not compatible

APX7500X2

Correct. They are on a simulcast system now, with the 3rd party equipment used to make that happen, a DPL was not compatible
3rd party because they didn't buy Moneyrola???? They are using DPL in and PL out.
Don't get me wrong I like Moneyrola but if you keep drinking the kool-aid all you will get is diabetes

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
3rd party because they didn't buy Moneyrola???? They are using DPL in and PL out.
Don't get me wrong I like Moneyrola but if you keep drinking the kool-aid all you will get is diabetes
they have motorola transmitters with 3rd party equipment making the simulcast, the equipment they used was not compatible with the output having a DPL

WoodburyMan

Interesting. That makes sense. Woodbury's P25 has a 3 site simulcast and sometimes causes issues with my scanners due to the millisecond differences in receptions from the multiple repeaters I have in range. (I'm actually closer to Grassy Hill, but I get Great Hollow and Logue Farm area due to being in the hills shadow). DPL would be the same kinda and screw with the receivers decoding.

Public Works I verified is unchanged. D152. I picked them up today. They must not be on the new simulcast system.

I'm picking up the new PL's. They sound the same to be, not much improved reception, however being in Woodbury is the real problem, I'm sure it improved reception in town where it's meant to be heard. I'm lucky I can get it at all. I'm half tempted to set up a 3rd SDS scanner at work in Oxford to cover Troop A and Oxford since the reception from Woodbury is so low.

WoodburyMan

That would be cool. But would they let you do that?
No problem. I run ADS-B/UAT there already. Mind you i run them from a window, but building owner OK'd me throwing them on the roof if I found a safe way to do it as well... and have to mind the large AC units that would easily cause issues. It scares me a bit though because almost two years ago our building got hit by lightning and took out 6 AC units, along with some network equipment of mine. I'd have to do a solid grounding setup. I could easily grab KOXC air traffic as well given it's a quarter mile from the runway.

Status
Not open for further replies.