Oxnard Police Band 1 rebroadcasting over VPD Band 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

805MONITOR

Does anyone know why Oxnard Police Band 1 traffic is being rebroadcast over Ventura Police Band 2? I Also notice that Oxnard's Band 1 is very weak in signal strength and much more clear over VPD band 2? Very strange.

SCPD

QRT
I have not noticed this but I will have to listen in to see if they are still doing this.. Probably using ventura pd's system to see how ****ty opd's really is haha.. Their audio sucks

SCPD

QRT
From a scanner point of view it may seem the audio is bad however on a subscriber radio the problems a scanner has the subscriber does not have. Just from what I've seen first hand on dtrs and tra systems.

SCPD

QRT
ptolemy9200:

That is a negative, I have listened to OPD on many different scanenrs and also some of my Kenwoods and Motorola radios I have and the problem is still there with bad audio. I have even heard some of the officers complain about the problem.

uman18

OPD Reception

Yeah on scanners or radios, the reception is bad, even in stationary locations but it seems that it is only on some days.I wounder if there is interference somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.