OZ TRS Ch. 10 -- OpenSky/ProVoice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowD

Hi, All.

I noticed yesterday that on channel 10 of the Ozaukee County TRS (860.7625) there is a constant digital sound, not the EDACS control channel. I thought perhaps this was ProVoice in use but when I checked on http://www.w2sjw.com/radio_sounds.html it seems to me that it sounds very similar to OpenSky which is demonstrated as http://www.w2sjw.com/sounds/OpenSky.mp3

However, the same page lists ProVoice as http://www.w2sjw.com/sounds/EDACS ProVoice.mp3

So, apparently it's not ProVoice....

:confused:

radio50

Hmmm... Strange. It's quite weak here in Mequon, so it doesn't seem to be part of the OZ TRS. In fact, I have not heard that freq. being used as part of the OZ TRS rotation today. It's quiet except for the signal you mentioned. I wonder if it has to do with rebanding?

dwillborn

OpenSky

I was begining to wonder if anybody was going to notice... :)

Its OpenSky. Need something faster for Mobile Data.

The artist formaly known as RD1

izz

The signal that I'm receiving on 860.7625 is weak in the northeast part of the county. How can the MDC's receive the data with such a weak signal?

I've also noticed 857.7625 is now being used as the control channel, which i've never seen before.

dwillborn

?

Weak on a scanner or on an OpenSky radio?
Inside or outside antenna?
If outside type coax?
Antenna designed for 800 or broadband?

You know 800 is a nasty beast.

I have also noted that to me that TDMA modulation when put through a standard discriminator sounds kinda staticy when your right next to it.

Its not going tobe as strong as the EDACS cause its only TXing from Justice.

Out door mobile coverage is all we're looking for. We did the drive test. There is a little antenna work going to happen. Not to bad for starters though. The boys have been using the test car for 3 weeks and they are loving it!!

Can I shoot you an email after the tower work and see if it got better for you?

Don't know why cc is on 4. Must have been unhappy with something on 6. Its allowed to go almost anywhere it wants to. It just stays put most of the time..

DEW

HowD

The OpenSky part caught me off guard, because the only nearby OpenSky system I was aware of is the one in Milwaukee. Of course, M/A Comm is connected with both EDACS and OpenSky...

Thanks for the update!

izz

Weak on a scanner or on an OpenSky radio?

scanner: BC785

Inside or outside antenna?

outside: about 25 above ground

If outside type coax?

RG 8/U

Antenna designed for 800 or broadband?

Yagi 6-element 800 MHz 9db gain beam antenna mounted on mast with rotor.

You know 800 is a nasty beast.

I have also noted that to me that TDMA modulation when put through a standard discriminator sounds kinda staticy when your right next to it.

Its not going tobe as strong as the EDACS cause its only TXing from Justice.

Out door mobile coverage is all we're looking for. We did the drive test. There is a little antenna work going to happen. Not to bad for starters though. The boys have been using the test car for 3 weeks and they are loving it!!

Can I shoot you an email after the tower work and see if it got better for you?

Please do.

Don't know why cc is on 4. Must have been unhappy with something on 6. Its allowed to go almost anywhere it wants to. It just stays put most of the time..

DEW

now I'm receiving 5 bars on the CC 858.7625 and 1 or 2 bars on 860.7625.

Status
Not open for further replies.