Ozark PD/ Christian County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshyg30

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone getting anything from the Ozark PD in Christian County? It seems to me that they have gone radio silent lol.

Attachments

• Ozark PD.jpg
    Ozark PD.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 12

steener

Premium Subscriber
Any time I've passed through Christian County on the way to and from Branson, I've heard them on the county law DMR frequencies.

Regards,
Paul W.

Joshyg30

Premium Subscriber
Ok. Sounds like its time for me to figure out what Dmr is I guess. I have not played with my scanner in a couple of years. Not even sure if this radio shack pro 651 can do DMR lol. Thanks for the help!!

Joshyg30

Premium Subscriber
Do you guys have a suggestion on a good handheld scanner that is possible future proof? Being able to download upgrades sounds like the best option, is that even a thing with scanners?

Joshyg30

Premium Subscriber
It's still good for monitoring the VHF Moswin sites if the state PD interests you.
I live in Ozark so that’s the main reason I bought the scanner. I can still listen to surrounding towns like Springfield ect. I just can’t hear my local PD and County. I’ll have to get a new scanner for sure.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Oh noooo.... I now have a new paper weight....

You'll have to upgrade to something newer. Uniden BCD436HP/536HP, Uniden SDS100/200, and the Whistler TRX 1/2 models are good places to start. Some of those require an additional cost to add DMR and the units themselves are quite costly. Do your research before you start buying.

Joshyg30

Premium Subscriber
About to pull the trigger on a Uniden BCD436HP. This one is the best priced and seems super easy to use with the built in database. It includes DMR with no additional charge. About to watch some youtube reviews.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
About to pull the trigger on a Uniden BCD436HP. This one is the best priced and seems super easy to use with the built in database. It includes DMR with no additional charge. About to watch some youtube reviews.

Which retailer? Scannermaster has the 436 going for $489.95. DMR upgrade is an extra $85 on their site.

Joshyg30

Premium Subscriber
Which retailer? Scannermaster has the 436 going for $489.95. DMR upgrade is an extra $85 on their site.
Amazon has them for 374. Now that I'm looking I don't think DMR is included, that's a bummer.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
That's actually a good price. 436/536 come with P25 Phase I & II out of the box, but I believe DMR/NEXEDGE/ProVoice are extras. DMR is included in the Whistler TRX 1/2.

steener

Premium Subscriber
The Uniden BCD325P2 will also work on the Christian County DMR system as well as Springfield, Branson, and MOSWIN. Amazon has it listed for $339.90 with free shipping. And the DMR update is $60 from Uniden.

Joshyg30

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! I ordered a TRX 1 from amazon. I’ll try it out and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.