Ozaukee and Sheboygan Counties Microwave Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

izz

Ozaukee and Sheboygan Counties are working on a console to console microwave link. The consoles would still have to patch to a particular talk group that is requested. This will add other channel capabilities so that there is no restriction to only one patch. There could be the possible use of this for data as well. Milwaukee PD will also be linked by microwave.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Ozaukee county and our comm center have a link between on of their WSP-only TG's and our dispatch channel. It is full-time, hardwired link at a shared OZSO/WSP site that allows the two comm centers to speak directly via radio.

izz

The T1 microwave circuit is supplied by the State Patrol on their backbone. The channel bank has been installed and has cross connected all of the circuits. The power supply needs to connected and then testing can proceed. The process is expected to be completed by mid July.

mkescan

Did you mean to say Milwaukee Co Sheriff instead of PD??
I really don't see any reason for Milwaukee PD to be linked to Ozaukee Co,pretty much all mutual aid between Milwaukee Co & Ozaukee Co involves just North Shore Fire /Police and Milwaukee Co Sheriff

izz said:
Ozaukee and Sheboygan Counties are working on a console to console microwave link. The consoles would still have to patch to a particular talk group that is requested. This will add other channel capabilities so that there is no restriction to only one patch. There could be the possible use of this for data as well. Milwaukee PD will also be linked by microwave.

izz

Nope, Milwaukee PD. The FCC has already issued licenses for the microwave link between the Sheriff and PD. WQFF504 & WNTQ438

mkescan

Wow,seems like a waste of money & time.

I hear Ozaukee & Sheboygan Co a lot on "The Link"
If I rember correctly..Sheboygan Mike said this patch can only be heard on the Ozaukee Co TRS

izz

From what I hear the Ozaukee Sheriff, Mequon PD and Milwaukee PD rove into each others territory quite often.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
yeah, the Sheboygan-Ozaukee link isn't on the Sheboygan system anywhere but is on OZTRS TG 788. Evidently Sheboygan hasn't set up a patch which I find to be somewhat strange because the cars can't copy any of this since they aren't using Point to Point with Ozaukee anymore. :confused:

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
FWIW, Point wasn't really meant to be copied by mobile units since it's a "point to point" comm center channel. I realize that a lot of VHF agencies have point in the cars, but even then it should be RX only.

It seems to me that SBSO thinks they have a hot ticket with their "secret squirel" trunked system, so it's not suprising to me they aren't full time with that patch....somebody shady may hear it, after all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.