P-25 Affiliations & Pro96Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
It's my understanding that Pro96Com logs "affiliation" messages when a radio affiliates with a particular site and the user selects a TG. Are P-25 affiliation messages generated at particular intervals while a radio stays on a TG?

For example, if someone sitting in a dispatch center turns on a radio and leaves it on a single TG all day, would I only log a single affiliation in Pro96Com when they first turned the radio on, or would the radio generate periodic affiliation messages throughout the day even though the radio stays on a single TG?

mikey60

Generally you would only see it once, unless of course the radio was near two sites and may be going back and forth between them. It's not unusual for a site to send a query to the radio if it hasn't been seen in awhile either.

Mike

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
It's my understanding that Pro96Com logs "affiliation" messages when a radio affiliates with a particular site and the user selects a TG. Are P-25 affiliation messages generated at particular intervals while a radio stays on a TG?
For Moto systems, yes (Harris I've no idea). This is a feature Motorola has had around since the 3.x SmartZone days. It allows efficient use of the site so if no one is monitoring a particular TG then it won't get broadcasted at that site. I forget the default but it's typically 12 or 24 hours.

There are various conditions where a radio might affiliate. When turned on, off or changing channels (including to conventional), when the system polls or a sys admin requests it, and when roaming across sites. Site roaming is another topic unto itself due to taking in system configuration, propagation and user/site requirements. In most cases programmers don't bother to, which is why you see radios frequently bouncing between sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.