P-25 control channel on 155.37

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
For the last few days I have been picking up on my mobile a data channel that sounds like a P-25 control channel on West Co F-4 ( yes I know it's the old MRD interagency). This morning from the time I got in my truck until I got to work constant P-25 type control channel( dont know if this is a normal thing but the transmitter was up and down every few seconds). It is strong enough if someone could put a scanner on it you might be able to tell where it's from. I am guessing it might be from VA, and as you know Va Beach used to come in on FDNY during the summer months and was the reason they finally went PL on the vhf system. Also picking up a lot of other non area transmissions like I receive when going south on 81 toward Va in Penn.
To add to this I was unable to receive any NYC television stations via antenna last night.
Can't find the tropo website right now but I bet it's lit up all up and down the East coast.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Lit up is an understatement. From about 7pm last night until now, it's been on fire. A very large opening. Here in MA, I am getting FM from DC this morning, and last nigh Scanner was open on VHF all the way down to VA.

radioman2001

Holy you know what, wow! Reminds me of when I was in the Air force stationed in Miss. and we could talk several hundered miles on a HT-220 on VHF amat.
I am up North for a few more months then down to N.C. Retirement can't come fast enough, I delayed it 6 months because of Covid-19, and hopefully won't have to delay it again.
I was picking it up as I travel from Eastern Dutchess County to Croton on Hudson.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I wish this was posted on Sunday. I drove home from vacation Monday and went right thru that area and I had my laptop, DSDPlus and Airspy with me. As soon as my son is done with his remote learning today, I will see if that signal reaches Islip Terrace. .

ecps92

Up here in Boston the V/U/T reception has been from Nova Scotia to DE/NJ/PA for the past 2+ days
Many unknowns being found [DMR Etc]
For the last few days I have been picking up on my mobile a data channel that sounds like a P-25 control channel on West Co F-4 ( yes I know it's the old MRD interagency). This morning from the time I got in my truck until I got to work constant P-25 type control channel( dont know if this is a normal thing but the transmitter was up and down every few seconds). It is strong enough if someone could put a scanner on it you might be able to tell where it's from. I am guessing it might be from VA, and as you know Va Beach used to come in on FDNY during the summer months and was the reason they finally went PL on the vhf system. Also picking up a lot of other non area transmissions like I receive when going south on 81 toward Va in Penn.
To add to this I was unable to receive any NYC television stations via antenna last night.
Can't find the tropo website right now but I bet it's lit up all up and down the East coast.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
I'm a bit out of the loop, could someone explain what all of this means?

res5cue

are you sure its P25 and not DMR? in Orange County Virginia the Sheriffs Department is on that frequency with a DMR System. Thats what it sounds like to me from the way your describing it.

ten13

Premium Subscriber
and as you know Va Beach used to come in on FDNY during the summer months and was the reason they finally went PL on the vhf system.

Depending on what years you're talking about, the interference on Brooklyn was from Philadelphia (there may have been others), and it was 154.37.

I forget what the input frequency was for Brooklyn.

radioman2001

Late 70's and it came in on I believe the Bronx (154.190) the output channel. I also have heard that Va Beach could hear NYC down there too when the band opened.
As far as P-25 or DMR I don't know, but definitly a control channel. That's why I asked for someone to try and monitor with scanner to get info on it.
Thursday morning and it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.