• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P-25 EF Johnson VHF system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curfew

I have a new Pro 96. I don't know what to set for base and offset with it with this system around me. I do know with the 9600 control channel it's normally 12.5 from what i have read with P-25.

I really wish the manufacturers would make these to where they automatically do everything without dealing with all these special settings.

The system is a EF Johnson system in which i believe is working smartnet/smartzone. I have confirmed that the mobiles and the handhelds are compabible with other P-25 and "legacy" backward interoperability.

It's a military system operating between 163 and 174 mhz. There are two control channels from what i have been able to tell so far over time.

When the control channel is set into bank 0 and mode is set to MO, Im not getting a system ID after the 96: .

All the frequencies in the system are in the clear with exception to one or two that are protected with encryption. The frequencies are in the 12.5 spacing.

I can hear what i want, but the thing is not tracking the system. I know it probably has to do with the base and offset settings. As with the system ID not showing im not sure. The ID's show up with other systems i monitor. Hope someone can help. Thanks, John.

csvff78

We have an EF Johnson system here in Pittsburgh as well. They are capable of programming this differently than most trunked systems. It can be very tricky to program to trunk right, but it can be done.

First do you have Pro96com? If not you can get it on the Pro96Com Yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PRO96COM/ If you do have it run Pro96com on the system. Take a look at the system information. If the frequencies show up as 00-00000 851.00625, 01-0000 -1.000, 02-0000 -1.000. Frequencies show up without complete channel numbers Just 00-0000, 01-0000, 02-000 etc and the frequency only shows up as -1.000 escept channel 00-000 which will show up as 851.00625 you will have to use custom tables.

If thats not the case, then setting the propper base, offset, and step will work. If it is like above then you will need to create a custom table. To be honest I don't understand the table stuff enough to help you. There are some extremely knowlegeable people on the Pro96com group. If you post the known frequencies (and there will be one for each channel number in the system) and a file from Pro96com you got while looking at the system, they may be able to give you the settings for this. It would further help if you would be able to correlate a frequency to the channel number to assist in making the table complete.

I've made that about as clear as mud I believe.

Frank K3FSS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.