Pro-106: P-25 for convential frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrengineer

Does anyone know how I should program my 106 to the Georgia state patrol I moved to Hartwell Ga and understand they have went to p-25 use. Thanks for any help Gary

N8IAA

Does anyone know how I should program my 106 to the Georgia state patrol I moved to Hartwell Ga and understand they have went to p-25 use. Thanks for any help Gary

Quite simple, actually, they are programmed as conventional frequencies. Such as, 155.535, NFM, NAC. Same for DNR.
Larry

rrengineer

p-25

thanks larry for response I know the frequencies and what im wondering is, can I put all in a scan list or do they each go to a seperate scan list not at all familiar with that I see there is 7 frequencies for state patrol do I put them all in at once or separate I guess is what im asking im not hearing them on old frequencies the post is real close to me about 5 miles or so at exit 177 on 1-85 where do they dispatch from shouldn't p-25 boost signal I know it goes to a repeater I think doesn't it thanks again Gary (ps its good to be up here without 800digital crap)

N8IAA

thanks larry for response I know the frequencies and what im wondering is, can I put all in a scan list or do they each go to a seperate scan list not at all familiar with that I see there is 7 frequencies for state patrol do I put them all in at once or separate I guess is what im asking im not hearing them on old frequencies the post is real close to me about 5 miles or so at exit 177 on 1-85 where do they dispatch from shouldn't p-25 boost signal I know it goes to a repeater I think doesn't it thanks again Gary (ps its good to be up here without 800digital crap)

Put them all in one Scan List. I have my 106 set up with GSP in one list and DNR in another. You will need a better antenna than the rubber duck that came with the radio to hear them. They are dispatched from central locations now, not individual posts. This includes the DNR dispatch points.
HTH,
Larry

rrengineer

Larry I still cant get it to work on State Patrol I think I have the frequencies right not sure. are the old ones still in this p-25, ie 154.680 and so on. I got frequencies from radio reference under Georgia public it shows 155-46750 as one for hart county with 6 more I put all freq under scan list 1 and then went to global and set p-25 you did say nfm right anything else, I must be doing something wrong sorry, to bother you , but thanks for your help Gary

kibler

Feed Provider
rrengineer....When I look at GSP I see Troop B and Hart county is included there! I do not have a 106 scanner, but did you try any of the information below? Make sure to put in the NAC numbers under TONE and the Mode listed as P25! Information below is from RR database! Thanks

Troop B is Northeast Georgia and includes the following counties: Banks, Barrow, Clarke, Dawson, Fannin, Forsyth, Franklin, Gilmer, Habersham, Hall, Hart, Jackson, Lumpkin, Madison, Oconee, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union, White.
Frequency*----- Tone*--------Mode*
159.41250*----- 1A0 NAC-----P25*
154.91250*------ 640 NAC-----P25*
155.51250*------ 641 NAC-----P25*
155.53500*------ 120 NAC-----P25*
154.92000*------1B5 NAC-----P25*
155.43750*------650 NAC-----P25*
155.46750*------125 NAC-----P25*

Gary.....Actually, I use FreeScan program software for my 996xt and the P-25 option is not there under MODE! I set that to "AUTO" and under "Audio Type", I set to Digital! I have a column for "NAC" and I just put in the NAC numbers!

After doing a little reading about the 106 scanner, you can set these frequencies to the 'P-25' mode!!!!!!.. the info below came from: "Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual"
http://new.marksscanners.com/106_197/106_197.shtml#csq mode

Sq Mode: Press ◄ or ► to select the squelch mode for the object. Default is Search.
Search - automatically analyzes signals to determine squelch mode and code to display if received.
None - ignores all squelch codes.
CTCSS - to receive and display tone squelch if received. See also CTCSS Hz.
DCS - to receive and display digital coded squelch if received. See also DCS Code.
P25 - to receive and display Project 25 conventional digital squelch (NAC-Network Access Code) if received. See also P25 NAC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.