P-25 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarky

Escambia County Florida is switching to a P-25 system next week. How can you tell if it's a Phase 1 or Phase 2 system? They are using the NAC programing. Example (DC6 NAC) I really don't want to purchase a digital scanner, if they are operating on a a Phase 2 system. I am thinking the present day scanner's don't receive the Phase 2 transmissions? Note-the county fire tac channels won't be encrypted.

I am new to this digital stuff and really have no clue.

Thanks.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Those would be P25 conventional channels (any digital scanner can receive them, as long as the channels are not encrypted).

thomast77

From what I understand ECSO will be encrypted while fire will not. So far I have only heard the Jail Main and Jail Booking frequencies full time active and they are both encrypted. Any digital scanner will receive the non-encrypted channels. As Upman said these are conventional p25 channels and are not part of a trunking system so phase 1 and 2 don't apply.

Last edited:

atmvoice

Premium Subscriber
Escambia Fire and EMS will *not* be encrypted. For an undetermined period of time, Escambia Fire will "simulcast" the new digital fire dispatch on the old analog channel. This allows volunteer firemen to hear dispatch on their pagers.

Sheriff's Office will be encrypted.

atmvoice

Premium Subscriber
Escambia County has now delayed implementation of the P25 system for all (Fire, EMS, Sheriff) until January due to a licensing documentation issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.