P-25 Simulcast: Which Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

caldwest

I have recently returned to scanning after a number of years absence and have a steep learning curve for understanding the P-25 simulcast system for my local PD, Fire, and EMS in Charleston, S.C.

My question is, can my BCD 996XT tell me which one of the six simulcast sites that my scanner is picking up?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Sam

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I have recently returned to scanning after a number of years absence and have a steep learning curve for understanding the P-25 simulcast system for my local PD, Fire, and EMS in Charleston, S.C.

My question is, can my BCD 996XT tell me which one of the six simulcast sites that my scanner is picking up?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Sam

This should probably be in the Uniden forum...but...

In a simulcast system you can't differentiate which subsite you are hearing as all of them act as a single site, that's the whole purpose of simulcast.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Yes. When you hold on (and can receive) the active CC it will indicate a site number.

SID:XXXch-YYYY

XXX = SYSTEM NUMBER

YYYY = SITE NUMBER

This can differentiate between simulcast zones, but not individual sites within a zone.
All sites in a simulcast zone must transmit exactly the same info, including site number.

Status
Not open for further replies.