P 25. What is out there to listen to on digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figliano

I currently have a PCR1000, but I am trying to find out what is out there to listen do in digital mode.

I have been searching RR but cant seem to locate possible groups in ontario. I'm sure there must be some out there. I'm in the Hamilton,Toronto, Halton area.

Can anyone help me out with this? Are these Trunking systems?

What would I be able to listen to if I get a digital scanner and where can I find this info?

Thanks in advance

Mike

hypersight

- OPP and MTO Carrier Enforcement use digital (trunked)
- Peel and Toronto has a few intel talk groups which also use digital (trunked)
- There's a few OPP and CISO conventional channels that are digital as well

All the mentioned agencies above can be found in the database on this website.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
exkalibur said:
Toronto is encrypted I'd say 50% of the time. Peel is rarely encrypted.

Peel's Intel talkgroup is generally encrypted 100% of the time and the other channels see little to no use at all.

VE3RADIO

Mike_Oxlong said:
Peel's Intel talkgroup is generally encrypted 100% of the time and the other channels see little to no use at all.

That is more along the lines of what i have found. I guess the point is, the only clear and reliable p25 is OPP, MTO and GO Transit.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Muxlow said:
Or if you live near Michigan they have their P25 MPSCS. Tonz of fun stuff to listen to

Seeing as he's in the GTA area, I don't think that will help much.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
To answer the OP's question
yes a trunked digital scanner will be needed to follow them correctly. Almost any digital scanner (as long as it has a digital card) should work.

In the case of Go transit you will need a newer scanner that does 9600 baud (pro96 396 etc etc)

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Mike_Oxlong said:

I guess I must be listening at the wrong times. Heard quite the operation not too long ago, over the span of 5 or 6 hours around Dixie Road...all in the clear.

hypersight

exkalibur said:
I guess I must be listening at the wrong times. Heard quite the operation not too long ago, over the span of 5 or 6 hours around Dixie Road...all in the clear.

I was listening to that too...about 2 weeks ago I think? I believe it was on TG 16464.

Status
Not open for further replies.