p.o.s. pro-2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoMark

After returning home from my wifes funeral I notice that the display on this pile of junk is out again for the third time. she did buy the extended warranty. do you think that radio shack will honor that warranty because it is in her name? I am sick of this 500.00 dollar paperweight.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Yes they will. Just show them the receipt, or have them look up the service plan for you.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
After returning home from my wifes funeral I notice that the display on this pile of junk is out again for the third time. she did buy the extended warranty. do you think that radio shack will honor that warranty because it is in her name? I am sick of this 500.00 dollar paperweight.

Wow. :(

RS will fix it, no worries there, but don't sweat the small stuff like that right now. I've never lost a spouse or any immediate family like this so it's hard to say "I can relate" but I've lost close relatives and seen what it does to their spouses - They would tend to notice things like this more and that made them feel even worse than they already did. Don't let that happen - in the grand scheme of things it's just a minor inconvenience. RS will fix it.

Hang in there! We're here for ya when you need to vent.
-AZ

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
I feel for ya... It seems when it rains it pours... Knock on wood my 2096 display has never had a problem.

SAR923

Don't sweat the small stuff and, right now, the display is small stuff compared to what you've been through. RS will honor the warranty and you'll get a new unit. I'm not sure why you've been so unlucky with your 2096's. I know the 2055 had some display problems but my 2096 is going on three years old and has bounced around pretty good. Never had a problem with it yet.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to Hear About Your Loss!

Its tough!
Extremely tough to lose a loved one. I cant imagine what I would do if I lost my wife. As it has already been stated on here, dont sweat the small stuff. Deal with the feelings of you loss. Find someone to talk to,a friend, counselor, minister, ect.... That is what will be most beneficial to you right now. The warranty will cover the minor issue ( compared to your loss ). The sun will shine for you again, it just takes time. Good Luck! Once again, sorry for your loss....

Manny

APTN

Pro 2096

My display went out twice within 6 months of purchase. Radio Shack replaced mine with another unit. If you have the service plan, you should be covered.

hoser147

Sorry for your loss. That scanner will be pretty easy to take care of, my children lost their mother 8 months ago, you got a plate full Im sure. Radio shack has dealt with these issues before. Hoser

SLWilson

See...

well just thought id give an update Radio Shack replaced the pro 2096 with a brand new one.
See, they FINALLY did the right thing after three tries at "fixing" that one ! :D !
I'm glad they finally came around.
I hope you're getting along as OK as possible after your recent loss.
Steve/KB8FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.