P&R Spectrum Resources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Does anyone know anything about this company, or easy way to search assigned frequencies? Seems half my county (and the next over) is inundated with P&R returns on searches. Is there an avenue to their assigned contracts for frequency/dmr information?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Does anyone know anything about this company, or easy way to search assigned frequencies? Seems half my county (and the next over) is inundated with P&R returns on searches. Is there an avenue to their assigned contracts for frequency/dmr information?

If you want to know about all of their assigned frequencies, pick a license, look it up, and then click on FRN.

example license: FCC Callsign WNJH738 (P & R Spectrum Resources, Inc.)

- then click on the 0010716645

You'll see all licenses assigned to that FRN. Have fun with that.

Curiosity has gotten the best of me -- what are you finding puzzling about this company? It's like one of many others in Ohio with wide area trunked systems (P&R, REM, Futronics, TriConnex, Domer, etc).

Here is a Google Map I made years ago of P & R Connect Plus sites -- I'm sure it needs updating.

Mike

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I was talking about this with someone recently and a comment was made that they (the company we were discussing) were probably leasing from P&R 'like everybody else', so I did some digging and was amazed at the scope of their company. Just curious, is all - thanks!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I was talking about this with someone recently and a comment was made that they (the company we were discussing) were probably leasing from P&R 'like everybody else', so I did some digging and was amazed at the scope of their company. Just curious, is all - thanks!

I'm sure there are a lot more "users" on that system than whawt are listed in the DB too. For these types of systems, there are only a small bunch of people who have any interest in listening to the sites in their particular area, so talkgroup information isn't often submitted. And when talkgroup information is submitted, one year the talkgroup might be one agency and the next year it could be somebodyc completely different. Companies that use these types of systems seem to come and go, and change how they communicate as often as they change underwear.

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

What's most likely is that P&R Communications (the radio shop) and P&R Spectrum Resources (the rental radio system) are probably both part of the P&R Communications "family" but are separate companies for tax and/or financial reasons or what have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.