p25 800mhz antenna and setup HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecducec

Feed Provider
Well my best setup is a laptop by my radio have tried yagi directional. mobile 800mhz antenna to bring broadcast to my desktop with battery backup but every time i move off the ducky antenna i loose signal.
How can i get the signal to move 40 ft if not looking at a 40 ft audio cable which i have never tried
Any suggestions are appreciated
Check out my feed right now is the cleanest and most active it can be

C

cebowman

Set your DAC to - 2 or lower, and is you DSP set to 64. Close your Squelch some too, especially if you have any FM and or Cell Towers near.

C

cebowman

you can change the DWELL to something closer to 2.0 seconds

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I do have a cell tower between me and toe oak mt tower

Well, that can sort of put a damper on things.
You can try filtering out the cellular bands. Since there are cellular frequencies adjacent to the public safety bands, it's really easy for a high gain antenna like a Yagi to overload your receiver.
Other option, if it's a simulcast or multi site system, is to point your antenna at a different tower.

acecducec

Feed Provider
Ok well the best config so far is a laptop on my kitchen table with tx-1 runnin 800mhz on p25
Iv tried yagi lmr cable 800 mhz portable antenna and none work as well as the stock radio connected to a laptop im at a loss as how to bring into the house to a dedicated server without signal loss
Iv spent close to 1000 on radios and cable and antena trying to get this into the house on my server and no luck
Laptop runnin xp tx-1 and 3.5mm head phone cable is the best i got
I want to set it and forget it but dont know how long laptop on kitchen tabel is gonna last
Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated

blue5011

Ok well the best config so far is a laptop on my kitchen table with tx-1 runnin 800mhz on p25
Iv tried yagi lmr cable 800 mhz portable antenna and none work as well as the stock radio connected to a laptop im at a loss as how to bring into the house to a dedicated server without signal loss
Iv spent close to 1000 on radios and cable and antena trying to get this into the house on my server and no luck
Laptop runnin xp tx-1 and 3.5mm head phone cable is the best i got
I want to set it and forget it but dont know how long laptop on kitchen tabel is gonna last
Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated
I know it has been a couple of months now, has anything improved for you? I use a 19" 2mtr/ 440 rubber-duckie on the back of my 996XT to receive the MN ARMER (P25 800nhz) system. But southern MN is fairly flat and not much for trees, mostly farm fields.

You might use Google Earth to run an elevation profile line between your location and the tower in which you are trying to receive. Another scanner listener near me wondered why he could not hear a specific tower site (10 miles away). As it turns out he is two blocks away from a hill 50 ft higher in elevation. His reception issue would only be solved by erecting at least a 60 foot tower...

Status
Not open for further replies.