P25 Adjust Mode and P35 Adjust Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
So what is one changing when he is changing the settings on an XT when he goes into these settings?

I'm understanding each P25 system may have its own optimum settings, but I'd kinda like to know what I'm doing when I'm doing it.

Should one try to find the best "mode" setting and then the "level" setting (as in do one before the other) or it it a combination of tinkering with both at the same time?

kbehning

Premium Subscriber
I think you just posted in the the first, second and third person, all at once. Super!

I wish I knew more about the specific settings for the XT as well. Generally, I find that setting the level nice and low at 50 or below, then playing with the mode to see what sounds cleanest the fastest works best. My main digital system works best with a mode of 12. if i set the level at something low like 1-50 it works great (provided I have a moderately strong signal, which i basically always do). If I set he level at something high like 150-200 it prevents the radio from jumping right to 12, I think it stays at 8, which has pretty high errors and sounds alot more robotic. I therefore favor low level settings, and mode whereever it sounds best.

Status
Not open for further replies.