• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P25 audio question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
My APX8000 is programmed with a few conventional P25 frequencies (not trunked) and the correct NAC with C4FM mode. The digital I was expecting to hear is not quite the same as most police radios, it just sounds flat, bass, not a real amplified type. The frequencies I am using are from the nearest tower site on the Colorado DTRS system. Any possible reason for this or it is designed to work in trunking mode only?
On the scanners that allow you to listen capacity plus, digital sounds superb but not happening on my Moto.

N4KVE

A few of us ran across this too. In the audio settings, there is a place to change the tx audio to sound like a XTS/XTL. When you check that box, the tx audio is less bassy, & more natural. A few of my friends & I had to do this. Our radios all sound much better now.

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
That helps a lot. Well I thought the TX option was referring to my radio's transmitt although my channels are all receive only the reason why I overlooked that box.
Thanks for the help.

hitechRadio

The XTS setting does apply to TX only.

At the top of the CPS click View and make sure it is set for Expert View

Under Radio Wide>Audio Option set Audio Configuration Level for Enhanced

Now select one of your Radio Profiles under Radio Ergonomics Configuration. Towards the bottom Speaker/Rx settings then
Audio Equalization Settings

You can select a group setting (Normal, Treble Boost, Low Cut, Reduced Feedback or Custom)

I have Selected Custom

For Digital Low, Mid and High I have set +1,-1 and -6 respectively. This to me sounds the best to my ears for APX7k.

You can play with these settings to your liking.

For transmit we found XTS setting was still a little off. We changed it slightly and sounds good side by bide to an XTS5k. With Noise reduction set to Normal we use a Transmit Equalization setting of Custom with Low -6, Mid 0, High +9.
For Accessory (aka. Speaker mic) using XTS setting sounds good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.