P25 Auto - P25 Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highpockets

Can someone explain the difference in running a p25 system in auto and p25 in manual. if you run it in manual what additions or changes will you have to add or delete in the tsys setup. The reason I asked, I have a system running in auto, runs fine, I changed it to manual and it doesn't track. I changed it back, runs fine, I just want to know why this happens.

mikey60

Can someone explain the difference in running a p25 system in auto and p25 in manual. if you run it in manual what additions or changes will you have to add or delete in the tsys setup. The reason I asked, I have a system running in auto, runs fine, I changed it to manual and it doesn't track. I changed it back, runs fine, I just want to know why this happens.

P25 Auto mode will pick up the frequency assignment tables and allow the scanner to track the system without any need for user input. I'd guess that over 90% of the P25 trunked systems out there contain the table data on the control channel, so this would be your normal mode of operation.

P25 Manual is used when the control channel does not transmit the table information. There are a few systems out there that are like this. In manual mode, you will need to enter the tables manually (Base, Offset, Ch-Hi, Ch-Lo, Step) for each group being used by the system.

Mike

Highpockets

P25 Auto mode will pick up the frequency assignment tables and allow the scanner to track the system without any need for user input. I'd guess that over 90% of the P25 trunked systems out there contain the table data on the control channel, so this would be your normal mode of operation.

P25 Manual is used when the control channel does not transmit the table information. There are a few systems out there that are like this. In manual mode, you will need to enter the tables manually (Base, Offset, Ch-Hi, Ch-Lo, Step) for each group being used by the system.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I understand now, I'll leave it on auto, can't see entering all that info for each group. I was just fooling with the different settings on the 600, maybe I better quit while I'm ahead. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

mikey60

Thanks Mike, I understand now, I'll leave it on auto, can't see entering all that info for each group. I was just fooling with the different settings on the 600, maybe I better quit while I'm ahead. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

For 800Mhz, it's usually just a single table, so it's not so bad... If there are 700Mhz, then there's 2 tables...

Mike

Highpockets

For 800Mhz, it's usually just a single table, so it's not so bad... If there are 700Mhz, then there's 2 tables...

Mike

Actually, I ran unitrunker and entered the base, offset, lo hi & spacing, tried p25 manual, and in my mind (what ever brain cells I have left) doesn't sound like to much of a difference. I learned a little, and it passed some time. Thanks for your input! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.