P25 CC OpCode 0x3d - Unknown Packet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2003

Seeing the following unknown packet pop up in Pro96Com v1.11.5, anyone have any ideas?

Code:
"Timestamp","OP Code","Packet Data","Notes"

"06/21 01:19:52","3D","3D 09 12 F8 E0 32 09 12 F5 61 9B 36 ",""

Not 100% sure but I think 0x3d has something to do with some sort of an ID update. I'm not sure if Pro96Com v1.11.6 (latest version) supports this or not, but the only change with 11.6 appears to be to fix a crashing issue (which I have yet to experience so haven't upgraded yet).

From the Pro96Com site with release notes:
Code:
Pro96Com Version 1.11.6 Changes and additions (Released January 11,2017)

Resolved an issue when monitoring a Motorola P25 system with version 7.16 software where BSI(Base Station Identification) messages that indicated the control channel was being used for the ID would cause the program to lose the control channel decode.

mikey60

The 09 in the second octet changes the meaning of the message. 09 is a manufacturer code and can be proprietary. It *COULD* be something to do with identifier tables, but I'm not sure. It is similar to those.

Without seeing these messages in the data stream for context, it would be difficult to figure out it's meaning.

Mike

Last edited:

Steve2003

Are these on the Colorado DTRS or another system?
Mike

Yes, on the Colorado DTRS system. I have only caught one of these so it could be a bad decode or something. Would you prefer the dump or Raw Dump for the data stream? It has only happened once thus far so far and I usually log 24x7 so it might take a little bit before I get a dump file with the opcode again.

My hunch is it might be something to do with ISSI and affiliations being passed between systems. Will continue to monitor for more for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.