P25 City Of Chicago Trunked System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Just heard some activity on TG27003 from Site 101 ('Chicago Simulcast')...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I'm aware that it's a CPD. MY POINT is that I heard it on the citywide site, not just the Midway site!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They've been simulcasting intermittently for awhile now. Some of the talk groups are being simulcast on the Midway Trunking System too. They just funnin...lol!

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Quite a bit of new talkgroups logged today, looked like someone was taking their radio and just switching around channels today, with very few key ups. Unidentified TGs logged so far:

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
This should replace all Chicago radio needs. PD,FD,PW,Parks,Water, and Streets all on one system. Although I should add that it is a slow growth system and the projected complete date is somewhere on or around 2021. They may be a little off schedule as in their time line O'Hare Airport was supposed to have been transfered over to P25 by this time this year. Hopefully it takes a long long time to build this sucker :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Like it took CFD 8 years to go from VFH to UHF P-25 digital

That was more of a resistance from the administration than the actual infrastructure build out. The "push" was a result of a rogue radio and racial slurs being transmitted over the older less secure analog system. Then all of a sudden...the switch over. I wonder what might prompt a change in schedule and maybe a different decode method? I look forward to digital, not to changing of decoding methods.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
TG 5111 with RID 575xxxx series encrypted
That's been in use a while there is actually more encryption on the system right now than clear comms which I don't take as a good sign. *Note I am not counting midway comms as they will not be simulcast citywide forever. The only real talk group of interest in the clear right now would be Marine Unit Car to Car hopefully they don't hit the ENC switch as the whole system is AES256 capable. I am really hoping only a small amount of investigative channels get ENC.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I've received a report that the O'Hare P25 has been testing recently. Also which might or might not be related, Midway's P25 has converted all their talk groups back to Phase 2...Security, CPD, CFD and Operations now Phase 2.

MidwestRadioListener

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys - Maybe someone would answer why there are so few sites listed within the DB under the simulcast site. Blue Island, Gale St and Vincennes when the OEMC doc talked about the following: "Our first phase will consist of 13 simulcast sites (8 Tx/Rx and 5 Rx only), one ASR at Midway, and two separate conventional in-building systems at the DWM filtration plants. The second phase will modernize O’Hare International Airport’s operations and public safety systems with 800 MHz. "

From the way that read to me they would be building out sites then as more and more Departments come on they would be adding base stations to those sites for capacity. Am I reading that document and phase information incorrect or they just working pretty slowly?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys - Maybe someone would answer why there are so few sites listed within the DB under the simulcast site. Blue Island, Gale St and Vincennes when the OEMC doc talked about the following: "Our first phase will consist of 13 simulcast sites (8 Tx/Rx and 5 Rx only), one ASR at Midway, and two separate conventional in-building systems at the DWM filtration plants. The second phase will modernize O’Hare International Airport’s operations and public safety systems with 800 MHz. "

From the way that read to me they would be building out sites then as more and more Departments come on they would be adding base stations to those sites for capacity. Am I reading that document and phase information incorrect or they just working pretty slowly?

You read it correctly, but the build out is not going according to the document. When their is something to post, it will be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.