P25 control channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
Well, unless the site has several control channels and alternates between them. I've noticed that USAF does this quite a bit.

Sure - but that really wasn't the question. The system won't work unless there is a control channel present (or one frequency or another) at all times.

But if we want to get into more detail - I believe the radios will still work if the control channel goes away but at that point radios default selected talkgroups to fixed frequencies - but at that point it's no longer a trunked system.

SCPD

QRT
Sure - but that really wasn't the question. The system won't work unless there is a control channel present (or one frequency or another) at all times.

What you smokin? Of course that was the question. You just repeated what I said above. The control channel transmits 100% of the time unless it falls back to a backup control channel.

You can argue that there is no such thing has a backup control channel but that's just semantics.

scanmanmi

I just got a new scanner and noticed the signal bars are on all the time and didn't know it was from interference or the control channel. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.