• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P25 Conv Software Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcarjg

OpenSky > P25
I see this kind of response often around here by a few people. What is the point of having forums and communities like this one if you can't ask and discuss things like that and only depend on your inside sources or department? That's how people do research for their own department. Your own sources are not infallible or know best all the time. You seem to be trying to police something subliminally...
I agree. We are on a forum for a reason.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I see this kind of response often around here by a few people. What is the point of having forums and communities like this one if you can't ask and discuss things like that and only depend on your inside sources or department? That's how people do research for their own department. Your own sources are not infallible or know best all the time. You seem to be trying to police something subliminally...
Because a forum such as this one are aimed at radio hobbyists who aren't consulting to put together life safety critical communications systems.

Look at it this way, it would be like an airline maintenance manager asking on forums on how to kludge together a jet engine fan assembly. Sure, an aviation hobby forum may be a valuable source of information, and if it were information for some toy glider for their 8th grade son's school project on jet engine design, no problem- but when it's for a purpose beyond the scope of amateur hobby, it really needs to be done RIGHT by people who are paid (and thus liable) to making sure it is done right.

Many of us do this for a living and we shake our collective heads when the "get her done" responses flow because we KNOW what happens when the weekend mechanic/part time radio "teknishun" cobbles something together. Usually these installs become a professional shop's nightmare to cleanup, which always costs more money, than just doing it right the first time with supported hardware and software, properly implemented.

a417

Until the OP posted that he was a radio shop, the post smacked vaguely of someone trying to freelance into dangerously expensive territory that can be full of pitfalls and broken dreams. "System administrators" can be public officials who are assigned to a positions that "oversee radio systems" and then only know how to use the basics of their software suite that they were trained on by the installer /radio shop, so saying that he was the admin didn't necessarily allude to him also being the radio shop. Pointing someone towards the first two appropriate points of contact in any endeavour like this is logical.

Have a good night! (y)

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Although I appreciate the responses to my earlier statement, they were mostly common sense to most people in here. Nothing new. I still stand by my earlier statement. There’s no need to be treating people like guilty suspects until they prove their “innocence”. I’ve seen and dealt with my share of that in these forums since the early days of trunkedradio.net. And also dealt with a share of holier-than-thou system “tekni-shuns” and “engee-nears” in here and real life. Not looking to cause a huge argument about it, but felt compelled to say it. Sorry for the “off-topic-ness”.

wd9cms

This is not a dispatch console but just a simple P25 decoder that shows unit ID's and provides an alarm capability when receiving emergency. It only works on a conventional system and does not provide any other features. There are three different models for P25. It only gets you part of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.