P25 Enc group ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Sample

Hi i am seaning some funny thing about P25 Enc group call. Why there are keyID and in brackets more number is that a legit key ?
Or eany one can explain me what's going on there?

#noobquestions 20190214_190916.jpg

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
No, it's not the actual encryption key -- that would be a massive security issue. It's the key's location or alias in the radio's encryption table. Radios may use more than 1 key if they access multiple systems, or if they use multiple keys in the same system, so the system reports which key location is being used for the particular TG active at the moment. 5D75 is hex, and 23925 is the decimal equiv.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
It's not an encryption key if that's what your asking. It's also not new. Dsd has shown this for a long time.

Caure.JPG

Radio reference is built on user submitted data. A quick search for 1D1 in Latvia did not yield any results. (unless I did it wrong) If you have info on a system not in the database, could you please submit it? It makes radio reference fuller and helps other in the hobby..

boatbod

No, it's not the actual encryption key -- that would be a massive security issue. It's the key's location or alias in the radio's encryption table. Radios may use more than 1 key if they access multiple systems, or if they use multiple keys in the same system, so the system reports which key location is being used for the particular TG active at the moment. 5D75 is hex, and 23925 is the decimal equiv.

keyId is a 16 bit field, so two octets would be appropriate for the display.

MattSR

Mr_Sample,

Can you do some more monitoring and see if the AlgID = 93 appears again, or if it was a one off error on that decode please?

Cheers
Matt

Mr_Sample

Mr_Sample,

Can you do some more monitoring and see if the AlgID = 93 appears again, or if it was a one off error on that decode please?

Cheers
Matt

Hi I have seen more times this AlgID=93
And I hear the call that's why I am thinking it's some dad error

Mr_Sample

Is this happening when monitoring the control channel or a voice channel?

Can you elaborate on your setup a bit more?

Yes i have seen only in VC event log.
And I am running 2 rtl-sdr v3 and monitoring P25 phase 2 and 1 and it only acures on phase 1 calls

hrh17

Next time you see that transmission happening on the VC window are you able to hit R and record some raw audio. Be interesting to see if it's genuine or a decoding error

Status
Not open for further replies.